Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, WB
Product nameRecombinant Human Estrogen Receptor alpha protein
See all Estrogen Receptor alpha proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab82606 is greater than 90% homogeneous and based on SDS-PAGE analysis, purified by affinity and FPLC chromatography.
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMTMTLHTKAS GMALLHQIQG NELEPLNRPQ LKIPLERPLG EVYLDSSKPA VYNYPEGAAY EFNAAAAANA QVYGQTGLPY GPGSEAAAFG SNGLGGFPPL NSVSPSPLML LHPPPQLSPF LQPHGQQVPY YLENEPSGYT VREAGPPAFY RPNSDNRRQG GRERLASTND KGSMAMESAK ETRYCAVCND YASGYHYGVW SCEGCKAFFK RSIQGHNDYM CPATNQCTID KNRRKSCQAC RLRKCYEVGM MKGGIRKDRR GGRMLKHKRQ RDDGEGRGEV GSAGDMRAAN LWPSPLMIKR SKKNSLALSL TADQMVSALL DAEPPILYSE YDPTRPFSEA SMMGLLTNLA DRELVHMINW AKRVPGFVDL TLHDQVHLLE CAWLEILMIG LVWRSMEHPG KLLFAPNLLL DRNQGKCVEG MVEIFDMLLA TSSRFRMMNL QGEEFVCLKS IILLNSGVYT FLSSTLKSLE EKDHIHRVLD KITDTLIHLM AKAGLTLQQQ HQRLAQLLLI LSHIRHMSNK GMEHLYSMKC KNVVPLYDLL LEMLDAHRLH APTSRGGASV EETDQSHLAT AGSTSSHSLQ KYYITGEAEG FPATV
Predicted molecular weight68 kDa
Amino acids1 to 595
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha (phospho S167) antibody (ab31478)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [E115] - ChIP Grade (ab32063)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha (phospho S118) antibody [E91] (ab32396)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody (ab75635)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82606 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.00584% EDTA, 0.316% Tris HCl, 0.0154% DTT, 0.75% Potassium chloride
- 7*/654 isoform
- 7*/819 2 isoform
- 7*/822 isoform
FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab82606 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Vanzan L et al. High throughput screening identifies SOX2 as a super pioneer factor that inhibits DNA methylation maintenance at its binding sites. Nat Commun 12:3337 (2021). PubMed: 34099689
- Tian Z et al. TRIM8 inhibits breast cancer proliferation by regulating estrogen signaling. Am J Cancer Res 10:3440-3457 (2020). PubMed: 33163282
- Xue M et al. Regulation of estrogen signaling and breast cancer proliferation by an ubiquitin ligase TRIM56. Oncogenesis 8:30 (2019). PubMed: 31000690