Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE, MS
Product nameRecombinant human FKBP14 protein
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 240 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant FKBP14 protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab99328 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMALIPEPEVKIEVLQKPFICHRKTKGGDLM LVHYEGYLEKDGSLFHSTHKHNNGQPIWFTLGILEALKGWDQGLKGMCVG EKRKLIIPPALGYGKEGKGKIPPESTLIFNIDLLEIRNGPRSHESFQEMD LNDDWKLSKDEVKAYLKKEFEKHGAVVNESHHDALVEDIFDKEDEDKDGF ISAREFTYKHDEL
Predicted molecular weight24 kDa including tags
Amino acids20 to 211
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: PBS, 10% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 22 kDa FK506 binding protein
- 22 kDa FK506-binding protein
- 22 kDa FKBP
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins during protein synthesis.
Involvement in diseaseEhlers-Danlos syndrome, with progressive kyphoscoliosis, myopathy, and hearing loss
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 1 PPIase FKBP-type domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab99328 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.