Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human FKBP2 protein
See all FKBP2 proteins and peptides
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 270 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant FKBP2 protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab93681 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMATGAEGKRKLQIGVKKRVDHCPIKSRKGDVLHMHYTGKLEDGTEFDSSL PQNQPFVFSLGTGQVIKGWDQGLLGMCEGEKRKLVIPSELGYGERGAPPK IPGGATLVFEVELLKIERRTEL
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93681 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.242% Tris, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 13 kDa FK506-binding protein
- 13 kDa FKBP
- EC 184.108.40.206
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins. It catalyzes the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides.
Tissue specificityT-cells and thymus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FKBP-type PPIase family. FKBP2 subfamily.
Contains 1 PPIase FKBP-type domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab93681 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Bielecka MK et al. Recombinant protein truncation strategy for inducing bactericidal antibodies to the macrophage infectivity potentiator protein of Neisseria meningitidis and circumventing potential cross-reactivity with human FK506-binding proteins. Infect Immun 83:730-42 (2015). PubMed: 25452551