Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human FKBP25 protein
Biological activityBiological activity: Specific activity is > 490 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant FKBP3 protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab93683 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMAAAVPQRAWTVEQLRSEQLPKKDIIKFLQEHGSDSFLAEHKLLGNIKNV AKTANKDHLVTAYNHLFETKRFKGTESISKVSEQVKNVKLNEDKPKETKS EETLDEGPPKYTKSVLKKGDKTNFPKKGDVVHCWYTGTLQDGTVFDTNIQ TSAKKKKNAKPSFKVGVGKVIRGWDEALLTMSKGEKARLEIEPEWAYGKK GQPDAKIPPNAKLTFEVELVDID
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93683 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 25 kDa FK506-binding protein
- 25 kDa FKBP
- FK506 binding protein 25 T cell
FunctionFK506- and rapamycin-binding proteins (FKBPs) constitute a family of receptors for the two immunosuppressants which inhibit T-cell proliferation by arresting two distinct cytoplasmic signal transmission pathways. PPIases accelerate the folding of proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FKBP-type PPIase family.
Contains 1 PPIase FKBP-type domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab93683 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.