Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, MS, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human FKBP6 protein
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 190 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant FKBP6 protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab95497 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMGGSALNQGVLEGDDAPGQSLYERLSQRML DISGDRGVLKDVIREGAGDLVAPDASVLVKYSGYLEHMDRPFDSNYFRKT PRLMKLGEDITLWGMELGLLSMRRGELARFLFKPNYAYGTLGCPPLIPPN TTVLFEIELLDFLDCAESDKFCALSAEQQDQFPLQKVLKVAATEREFGNY LFRQNRFYDAKVRYKRALLLLRRRSAPPEEQHLVEAAKLPVLLNLSFTYL KLDRPTIALCYGEQALIIDQKNAKALFRCGQACLLLTEYQKARDFLVRAQ KEQPFNHDINNELKKLASCYRDYVDKEKEMWHRMFAPCGDGSTAGES
Predicted molecular weight39 kDa including tags
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95497 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 0.0292% EDTA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.29% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 36 kDa FK506 binding protein
- 36 kDa FK506-binding protein
- 36 kDa FKBP
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins.
Tissue specificityDetected in all tissues examined, with higher expression in testis, heart, skeletal muscle, liver, and kidney.
Involvement in diseaseNote=FKBP6 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region. Haploinsufficiency of FKBP6 may be the cause of certain cardiovascular and musculo-skeletal abnormalities observed in the disease.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PPIase FKBP-type domain.
Contains 3 TPR repeats.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab95497 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.