Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag C-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, MS, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human FKBPL protein
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 210 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant FKBPL protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
ab98117 is purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMETPPVNTIG EKDTSQPQQE WEKNLRENLD SVIQIRQQPR DPPTETLELE VSPDPASQIL EHTQGAEKLV AELEGDSHKS HGSTSQMPEA LQASDLWYCP DGSFVKKIVI RGHGLDKPKL GSCCRVLALG FPFGSGPPEG WTELTMGVGP WREETWGELI EKCLESMCQG EEAELQLPGH SGPPVRLTLA SFTQGRDSWE LETSEKEALA REERARGTEL FRAGNPEGAA RCYGRALRLL LTLPPPGPPE RTVLHANLAA CQLLLGQPQL AAQSCDRVLE REPGHLKALY RRGVAQAALG NLEKATADLK KVLAIDPKNR AAQEELGKVV IQGKNQDAGL AQGLRKMFGL EHHHHHH
Predicted molecular weight39 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 349
TagsHis tag C-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98117 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.0308% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.58% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- FK506 binding protein like
- FK506-binding protein-like
FunctionMay be involved in response to X-ray. Regulates p21 protein stability by binding to Hsp90 and p21.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with higher levels in testis.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab98117 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.