Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human Galectin 3 protein (Active)
See all Galectin 3 proteins and peptides
The ED50 for this effect is ≤ 15 ug/ml.
Measured by its ability to agglutinate human red blood cells.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Purified by using conventional chromatography techniques
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMADNFSLHDA LSGSGNPNPQ GWPGAWGNQP AGAGGYPGAS YPGAYPGQAP PGAYPGQAPP GAYPGAPGAY PGAPAPGVYP GPPSGPGAYP SSGQPSATGA YPATGPYGAP AGPLIVPYNL PLPGGVVPRM LITILGTVKP NANRIALDFQ RGNDVAFHFN PRFNENNRRV IVCNTKLDNN WGREERQSVF PFESGKPFKI QVLVEPDHFK VAVNDAHLLQ YNHRVKKLNE ISKLGISGDI DLTSASYTMI
Predicted molecular weight28 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 250
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence information(NCBI NP_002297) MW confirmed by MALDI-TOF.
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-Galectin 3 antibody [A3A12] (ab2785)
- Anti-Galectin 3 antibody (ab31707)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-Galectin 3 antibody (ab53082)
- Anti-Galectin 3 antibody [EP2775Y] (ab76245)
- Anti-Galectin 3 antibody [EPR2774] (ab76466)
- Biotin Anti-Galectin 3 antibody (ab84238)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9108)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89487 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol, 0.58% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 35 kDa lectin
- Carbohydrate binding protein 35
- Carbohydrate-binding protein 35
FunctionGalactose-specific lectin which binds IgE. May mediate with the alpha-3, beta-1 integrin the stimulation by CSPG4 of endothelial cells migration. Together with DMBT1, required for terminal differentiation of columnar epithelial cells during early embryogenesis.
Tissue specificityA major expression is found in the colonic epithelium. It is also abundant in the activated macrophages.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 galectin domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasmic in adenomas and carcinomas. May be secreted by a non-classical secretory pathway and associate with the cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab89487 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Jiang K et al. Galectin-3 regulates desmoglein-2 and intestinal epithelial intercellular adhesion. J Biol Chem 289:10510-7 (2014). PubMed: 24567334