Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant Human GAPDH protein
See all GAPDH proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab77109 is purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGKVKVGVNG FGRIGRLVTR AAFNSGKVDI VAINDPFIDL NYMVYMFQYD STHGKFHGTV KAENGKLVIN GNPITIFQER DPSKIKWGDA GAEYVVESTG VFTTMEKAGA HLQGGAKRVI ISAPSADAPM FVMGVNHEKY DNSLKIISNA SCTTNCLAPL AKVIHDNFGI VEGLMTTVHA ITATQKTVDG PSGKLWRDGR GALQNIIPAS TGAAKAVGKV IPELNGKLTG MAFRVPTANV SVVDLTCRLE KPAKYDDIKK VVKQASEGPL KGILGYTEHQ VVSSDFNSDT HSSTFDAGAG IALNDHFVKL ISWYDNEFGY SNRVVDLMAH MASKE
Amino acids1 to 335
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77109 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.242% Tris, 0.0292% EDTA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate
- aging associated gene 9 protein
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab77109 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Chen JJ et al. DHHC5 Mediates ß-Adrenergic Signaling in Cardiomyocytes by Targeting Ga Proteins. Biophys J 118:826-835 (2020). PubMed: 31547976
- Backlund M et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress increases AT1R mRNA expression via TIA-1-dependent mechanism. Nucleic Acids Res 44:3095-104 (2016). Human . PubMed: 26681690
- Laothong U et al. Melatonin induces apoptosis in cholangiocarcinoma cell lines by activating the reactive oxygen species-mediated mitochondrial pathway. Oncol Rep 33:1443-9 (2015). PubMed: 25606968