Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, WB
Product nameRecombinant human GAPDH protein (Active)
See all GAPDH proteins and peptides
Up to 30U/mg.
One unit of activity of GAPDH is defined as the amount of enzyme required to convert 1µmole of NAD to NADH per min under standard assay conditions.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGKVKVGVNG FGRIGRLVTR AAFNSGKVDI VAINDPFIDL NYMVYMFQYD STHGKFHGTV KAENGKLVIN GNPITIFQER DPSKIKWGDA GAEYVVESTG VFTTMEKAGA HLQGGAKRVI ISAPSADAPM FVMGVNHEKY DNSLKIISNA SCTTNCLAPL AKVIHDNFGI VEGLMTTVHA ITATQKTVDG PSGKLWRDGR GALQNIIPAS TGAAKAVGKV IPELNGKLTG MAFRVPTANV SVVDLTCRLE KPAKYDDIKK VVKQASEGPL KGILGYTEHQ VVSSDFNSDT HSSTFDAGAG IALNDHFVKL ISWYDNEFGY SNRVVDLMAH MASKE
Predicted molecular weight36 kDa
Amino acids1 to 335
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82633 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituent: 0.476% HEPES
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstitute with HEPES or Tris buffer or with 260 ul of distilled water. Add 10% glycerol for longer term storage.
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate
- aging associated gene 9 protein
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein
FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab82633 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Park SS et al. Streptococcus pneumoniae binds to host GAPDH on dying lung epithelial cells worsening secondary infection following influenza. Cell Rep 35:109267 (2021). PubMed: 34133917
- Rambacher KM & Moniri NH Cysteine redox state regulates human ß2-adrenergic receptor binding and function. Sci Rep 10:2934 (2020). PubMed: 32076070
- Bakovic A et al. Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis Virus nsP3 Phosphorylation Can Be Mediated by IKKß Kinase Activity and Abrogation of Phosphorylation Inhibits Negative-Strand Synthesis. Viruses 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32933112
- Deng J et al. Long non-coding RNA OIP5-AS1 functions as an oncogene in lung adenocarcinoma through targeting miR-448/Bcl-2. Biomed Pharmacother 98:102-110 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29247949
- Chen FK et al. Acute progressive paravascular placoid neuroretinopathy with negative-type electroretinography in paraneoplastic retinopathy. Doc Ophthalmol 134:227-235 (2017). PubMed: 28382556
- Liu TY et al. Time-Resolved Proteomics Extends Ribosome Profiling-Based Measurements of Protein Synthesis Dynamics. Cell Syst 4:636-644.e9 (2017). PubMed: 28578850