Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human GLO1 protein
See all GLO1 proteins and peptides
Biological activitySpecific activity: >0.4 units/mg (please enquire for specific batch value). One unit will form 1.0 µmol of S-lactoylglutathione from methylglyoxal and reduced glutathione per minute at pH 7.5, at 25°C. Specific activity was expressed in units/mg of protein.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMAEPQPPSGG LTDEAALSCC SDADPSTKDF LLQQTMLRVK DPKKSLDFYT RVLGMTLIQK CDFPIMKFSL YFLAYEDKND IPKEKDEKIA WALSRKATLE LTHNWGTEDD ETQSYHNGNS DPRGFGHIGI AVPDVYSACK RFEELGVKFV KKPDDGKMKG LAFIQDPDGY WIEILNPNKM ATLM
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87413 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Final assay concentrations:In 1.5ml reaction mix, the final concentrations are 79 mM potassium phosphate, 0.033%(w/v) reduced glutathine, 0.003% (w/v) bovine serum albumin, 0.033% methylglyoxal(w/v) and recombinant gyloxalase l (0.5ug, 1ug, 2ug).
- 1. Prepare protein-free reaction buffer without recombinant protein into suitable container (for each protein concentration).
- 2. Equilibrate protein-free reaction buffer to 25°C and monitor at A240nm (absorbance) until the value is constant, using a spectrophotometer.
- 3. Dilute various concentrations of recombinant gyloxalase l (0.5ug, 1ug, 2ug) in 50ul of 10mM potassium phosphate buffer with 0.1% (wv) BSA, pH7.4.
- Add 50ul of recombinant glyoxalase I solution to 1.45ml reaction buffer.
- Immediately mix by inversion and record the increase at A240nm for 5 minutes
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
FunctionCatalyzes the conversion of hemimercaptal, formed from methylglyoxal and glutathione, to S-lactoylglutathione.
PathwaySecondary metabolite metabolism; methylglyoxal degradation; (R)-lactate from methylglyoxal: step 1/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyoxalase I family.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab87413 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.