Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, Functional Studies, Competitive Binding Assays, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human GRP78 BiP protein (Active)
See all GRP78 BiP proteins and peptides
ab78432 has ATPase activity at the time of manufacture of 2.3µM phosphate liberated/hr/µg protein in a 200µl reaction at 37°C (pH7.5) in the presence of 20ul of 1mM ATP, using a Malachite Green assay.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Ab78432 is purified by affinity purification.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMKLSLVAAML LLLSAARAEE EDKKEDVGTV VGIDLGTTYS CVGVFKNGRV EIIANDQGNR ITPSYVAFTP EGERLIGDAA KNQLTSNPEN TVFDAKRLIG RTWNDPSVQQ DIKFLPFKVV EKKTKPYIQV DIGGGQTKTF APEEISAMVL TKMKETAEAY LGKKVTHAVV TVPAYFNDAQ RQATKDAGTI AGLNVMRIIN EPTAAAIAYG LDKREGEKNI LVFDLGGGTF DVSLLTIDNG VFEVVATNGD THLGGEDFDQ RVMEHFIKLY KKKTGKDVRK DNRAVQKLRR EVEKAKRALS SQHQARIEIE SFYEGEDFSE TLTRAKFEEL NMDLFRSTMK PVQKVLEDSD LKKSDIDEIV LVGGSTRIPK IQQLVKEFFN GKEPSRGINP DEAVAYGAAV QAGVLSGDQD TGDLVLLDVC PLTLGIETVG GVMTKLIPRN TVVPTKKSQI FSTASDNQPT VTIKVYEGER PLTKDNHLLG TFDLTGIPPA PRGVPQIEVT FEIDVNGILR VTAEDKGTGN KNKITITNDQ NRLTPEEIER MVNDAEKFAE EDKKLKERID TRNELESYAY SLKNQIGDKE KLGGKLSSED KETMEKAVEE KIEWLESHQD ADIEDFKAKK KELEEIVQPI ISKLYGSAGP PPTGEEDTAE KDEL
Predicted molecular weight78 kDa
Amino acids1 to 654
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence informationhis-tagged (Gene ID 3309)(NM_005347)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78432 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Competitive Binding Assays
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 0.37% Potassium chloride, 0.05% Magnesium chloride, 0.02% (R*,R*)-1,4-Dimercaptobutan-2,3-diol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 78 kDa glucose regulated protein
- 78 kDa glucose-regulated protein
FunctionProbably plays a role in facilitating the assembly of multimeric protein complexes inside the endoplasmic reticulum. Involved in the correct folding of proteins and degradation of misfolded proteins via its interaction with DNAJC10, probably to facilitate the release of DNAJC10 from its substrate.
Involvement in diseaseAutoantigen in rheumatoid arthritis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Cytoplasm. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab78432 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Rodríguez-Muñoz M et al. The ALS-related s1R E102Q Mutant Eludes Ligand Control and Exhibits Anomalous Response to Calcium. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33020464
- Singh P et al. PSTi8 with metformin ameliorates perimenopause induced steatohepatitis associated ER stress by regulating SIRT-1/SREBP-1c axis. Heliyon 6:e05826 (2020). PubMed: 33426334
- Castro NP et al. Sulforaphane Suppresses the Growth of Triple-negative Breast Cancer Stem-like Cells In vitro and In vivo. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 12:147-158 (2019). PubMed: 30679159
- Gupta AP et al. Pancreastatin inhibitor activates AMPK pathway via GRP78 and ameliorates dexamethasone induced fatty liver disease in C57BL/6 mice. Biomed Pharmacother 116:108959 (2019). PubMed: 31108350
- Hossain Z et al. Discovery of pancreastatin inhibitor PSTi8 for the treatment of insulin resistance and diabetes: studies in rodent models of diabetes mellitus. Sci Rep 8:8715 (2018). PubMed: 29880906
- Qin EY et al. Neural Precursor-Derived Pleiotrophin Mediates Subventricular Zone Invasion by Glioma. Cell 170:845-859.e19 (2017). PubMed: 28823557
- Cerezo M et al. Compounds Triggering ER Stress Exert Anti-Melanoma Effects and Overcome BRAF Inhibitor Resistance. Cancer Cell 29:805-819 (2016). PubMed: 27238082
- Biswas N et al. Discovery of a novel target for the dysglycemic chromogranin A fragment pancreastatin: interaction with the chaperone GRP78 to influence metabolism. PLoS One 9:e84132 (2014). Functional Studies . PubMed: 24465394
- Lee SJ et al. Statins, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase inhibitors, potentiate the anti-angiogenic effects of bevacizumab by suppressing angiopoietin2, BiP, and Hsp90a in human colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer 111:497-505 (2014). PubMed: 24945998