Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Purity: > 80% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: GST tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human GSK3 alpha protein
See all GSK3 alpha proteins and peptides
700 U/mg. One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that will phosphorylate 1 nmol of glycogen synthase peptide 2 substrate per minute at pH 7.4 and 30C. Assay buffer: 50 mM HEPES, pH 7.4, 3 mM MgCl2, 3 mM MnCl2, 1 mM DTT, 3uM Na-orthovanadate, 0.1 mM ATP, 20 uM substrate, and 0.1 ug recombinant GSK3 alpha.
Purity> 80 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
TagsGST tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42597 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesExpressed in a Baculovirus infected Sf9 cell expression system.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.307% Glutathione, 0.0462% (R*,R*)-1,4-Dimercaptobutan-2,3-diol, 0.395% Tris HCl, 0.05% Tween, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.58% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha
FunctionImplicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab42597 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wu Y et al. ARIH1 signaling promotes anti-tumor immunity by targeting PD-L1 for proteasomal degradation. Nat Commun 12:2346 (2021). PubMed: 33879767
- Rippin I et al. Discovery and Design of Novel Small Molecule GSK-3 Inhibitors Targeting the Substrate Binding Site. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33218072
- Royer L et al. The Ras-like GTPase Rem2 is a potent inhibitor of calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II activity. J Biol Chem 293:14798-14811 (2018). PubMed: 30072381