Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus
- Purity: > 70% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, WB
Product nameRecombinant human HDAC1 protein
See all HDAC1 proteins and peptides
Biological activityThe Specific activity of ab101661 was determined to be 8900 RLU/min/ng.
Purity> 70 % SDS-PAGE.
>70% by densitometry
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight88 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 482
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101661 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.307% Glutathione, 0.00174% PMSF, 0.00385% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.00292% EDTA, 25% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- GON 10
FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Deacetylates SP proteins, SP1 and SP3, and regulates their function. Component of the BRG1-RB1-HDAC1 complex, which negatively regulates the CREST-mediated transcription in resting neurons. Upon calcium stimulation, HDAC1 is released from the complex and CREBBP is recruited, which facilitates transcriptional activation. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity. Deacetylates 'Lys-310' in RELA and thereby inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappa-B.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with higher levels in heart, pancreas and testis, and lower levels in kidney and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-444 and Lys-476; which promotes enzymatic activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Phosphorylation on Ser-421 and Ser-423 promotes enzymatic activity and interactions with NuRD and SIN3 complexes.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab101661 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ahuja G et al. Loss of genomic integrity induced by lysosphingolipid imbalance drives ageing in the heart. EMBO Rep 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30886000
- Huang Y et al. Discovery of Janus Kinase 2 (JAK2) and Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Dual Inhibitors as a Novel Strategy for the Combinational Treatment of Leukemia and Invasive Fungal Infections. J Med Chem 61:6056-6074 (2018). PubMed: 29940115
- Zhang Y et al. Discovery of a fluorescent probe with HDAC6 selective inhibition. Eur J Med Chem 141:596-602 (2017). PubMed: 29102179
- Duan W et al. Design, synthesis, and antitumor evaluation of novel histone deacetylase inhibitors equipped with a phenylsulfonylfuroxan module as a nitric oxide donor. J Med Chem 58:4325-38 (2015). PubMed: 25906087