Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% Affinity purified
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, Functional Studies, Competitive Binding Assays, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human Hsc70 protein
See all Hsc70 proteins and peptides
ab78431 has ATPase activity at the time of manufacture of 3.2 µM phosphate liberated/hr/µg protein in a 200 µl reaction at 37°C (pH 8) in the presence of 20 µl of 1 mM ATP using a Malachite Green assay.
Purity> 90 % Affinity purified.
ab78431 is affinity purified.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight73 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 646
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence informationHis tag
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78431 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Competitive Binding Assays
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Preservative: 1.36% Imidazole
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.328% Sodium phosphate
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Constitutive heat shock protein 70
- Epididymis luminal protein 33
FunctionActs as a repressor of transcriptional activation. Inhibits the transcriptional coactivator activity of CITED1 on Smad-mediated transcription. Chaperone. Isoform 2 may function as an endogenous inhibitory regulator of HSC70 by competing the co-chaperones.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
DomainThe N-terminal 1-386 residues constitute the ATPase domain, while residues 387-646 form the peptide-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Translocates rapidly from the cytoplasm to the nuclei, and especially to the nucleoli, upon heat shock. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab78431 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Endicott SJ et al. Long-lived mice with reduced growth hormone signaling have a constitutive upregulation of hepatic chaperone-mediated autophagy. Autophagy 17:612-625 (2021). PubMed: 32013718
- Endicott SJ et al. Inhibition of class I PI3K enhances chaperone-mediated autophagy. J Cell Biol 219:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33048163
- Labrador-Garrido A et al. Chaperome screening leads to identification of Grp94/Gp96 and FKBP4/52 as modulators of the a-synuclein-elicited immune response. FASEB J 30:564-77 (2016). PubMed: 26443817