Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 98% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human IGF2 protein
See all IGF2 proteins and peptides
Biological activityThe ED50 was determined by a cell proliferation assay using FDC-P1 cells is ≤ 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg.
Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per g (1EU/g).
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceAYRPSETLCG GELVDTLQFV CGDRGFYFSR PASRVSRRSR GIVEECCFRS CDLALLETYC ATPAKSE
Predicted molecular weight8 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9575 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The ED50 was determined by a cell proliferation assay using FDC-P1 cells is < 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of >5 x 105 units/mg.
ab9575 was used as a positive control for ab9574 (Anti-IGF2 antibody).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstitute with 100ul of water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
- IGF 2
- IGF II
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors possess growth-promoting activity. In vitro, they are potent mitogens for cultured cells. IGF-II is influenced by placental lactogen and may play a role in fetal development.
Preptin undergoes glucose-mediated co-secretion with insulin, and acts as physiological amplifier of glucose-mediated insulin secretion. Exhibits osteogenic properties by increasing osteoblast mitogenic activity through phosphoactivation of MAPK1 and MAPK3.
Involvement in diseaseEpigenetic changes of DNA hypomethylation in IGF2 are a cause of Silver-Russell syndrome (SIRS) [MIM:180860]. SIRS is a clinically heterogeneous condition characterized by severe intrauterine growth retardation, poor postnatal growth, craniofacial features such as a triangular shaped face and a broad forehead, body asymmetry, and a variety of minor malformations.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
modificationsO-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9575 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li T et al. Insulin-like growth factor 2 axis supports the serum-independent growth of malignant rhabdoid tumor and is activated by microenvironment stress. Oncotarget 8:47269-47283 (2017). PubMed: 28521298
- Brouwer-Visser J et al. Insulin-like growth factor 2 silencing restores taxol sensitivity in drug resistant ovarian cancer. PLoS One 9:e100165 (2014). Functional Studies . PubMed: 24932685
- Suvasini R et al. Insulin Growth Factor-2 Binding Protein 3 (IGF2BP3) Is a Glioblastoma-specific Marker That Activates Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase/Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase (PI3K/MAPK) Pathways by Modulating IGF-2. J Biol Chem 286:25882-90 (2011). PubMed: 21613208