Product nameRecombinant Human IL-8 protein
See all IL-8 proteins and peptides
Protein lengthProtein fragment
Amino Acid Sequence
Amino acids23 to 99
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (HRP) (ab1187)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (FITC) (ab1206)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (HRP) (ab1269)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [AD1.1.10] (Biotin) (ab15145)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS-1] (Alkaline Phosphatase) (ab49746)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9108)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9136)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53373 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.242% Tris, 50% Glycerol
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
ab53373 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.