Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Sandwich ELISA
Product nameRecombinant human Interferon alpha 1 protein (Active)
See all Interferon alpha 1 proteins and peptides
Interferon alpha 1 (ab48750) has the activity of 4 X 105 unit/mg (or 4 X 105 unit/ml).
This activity has been tested by evaluating anti-proliferation with Daudi cells. For Further information see Kim et al., 2009.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
This protein was purified by conventional chromatography, after refolding of the isolated inclusion bodies in a renaturation buffer.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceCDLPETHSLD NRRTLMLLAQ MSRISPSSCL MDRHDFGFPQ EEFDGNQFQK APAISVLHEL IQQIFNLFTT KDSSAAWDED LLDKFCTELY QQLNDLEACV MQEERVGETP LMNADSILAV KKYFRRITLY LTEKKYSPCA WEVVRAEIMR SLSLSTNLQE RLRRKE
Predicted molecular weight20 kDa
Amino acids24 to 189
Additional sequence informationFull length mature protein, without the signal peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48750 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration determined by Bradford assay.
Endotoxin levels determined by LAL method.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- IFN alpha
FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities. Interferon stimulates the production of two enzymes: a protein kinase and an oligoadenylate synthetase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab48750 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Lea AJ et al. Genome-wide quantification of the effects of DNA methylation on human gene regulation. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30575519
- Alagu J et al. Tumor Suppressor p14ARF Enhances IFN-?-Activated Immune Response by Inhibiting PIAS1 via SUMOylation. J Immunol 201:451-464 (2018). PubMed: 29848755
- Moriyama M et al. Two Conserved Amino Acids within the NSs of Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome Phlebovirus Are Essential for Anti-interferon Activity. J Virol 92:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30021900
- Sun B et al. Dengue virus activates cGAS through the release of mitochondrial DNA. Sci Rep 7:3594 (2017). PubMed: 28620207