Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: MS, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human Lactate Dehydrogenase B/LDH-B protein
See all Lactate Dehydrogenase B/LDH-B proteins and peptides
Specific activity is > 300 units/mg. in which one unit will convert 1.0 umole of pyruvate to L-lactate and beta-NAD per minute at pH 7.5 at 37°C.
- Prepare a 1.5 ml reaction mix into a suitable container, adjust to pH7.5 at 37°C, and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 100mM Sodium phosphate, 0.12 mM beta-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, reduced form, 2.3mM Pyruvate, 0.033% (w/v) bovine serum albumin.
- Equilibrate to 37°C and monitor at A340nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer
- Add 50ul of recombinant LDHB protein in various concentrations (0.1ug, 0.5ug) in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and record the increase at A340nm for 5 minutes.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab96765 is purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSHMATLKEKLIAPVAEEEATVP NNKITVVGVGQVGMACAISILGKSLADELALVDVLEDKLKGEMMDLQHGS LFLQTPKIVADKDYSVTANSKIVVVTAGVRQQEGESRLNLVQRNVNVFKF IIPQIVKYSPDCIIIVVSNPVDILTYVTWKLSGLPKHRVIGSGCNLDSAR FRYLMAEKLGIHPSSCHGWILGEHGDSSVAVWSGVNVAGVSLQELNPEMG TDNDSENWKEVHKMVVESAYEVIKLKGYTNWAIGLSVADLIESMLKNLSR IHPVSTMVKGMYGIENEVFLSLPCILNARGLTSVINQKLKDDEVAQLKKS ADTLWDIQKDLKDL
Predicted molecular weight37 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 334
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96765 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Previously labelled as Lactate Dehydrogenase B.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.0154% DTT, 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Epididymis secretory protein Li 281
- HEL S 281
- L lactate dehydrogenase B chain
PathwayFermentation; pyruvate fermentation to lactate; (S)-lactate from pyruvate: step 1/1.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in LDHB result in deficiency of lactate dehydrogenase, a condition with no clear symptomatic consequences. Lactate dehydrogenase deficiency can probably be considered a non-disease.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. LDH family.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab96765 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.