Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, MS, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human MDH2 protein
See all MDH2 proteins and peptides
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 30 units/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1umole of oxalacetate and beta-NADH to L-malate and beta-NAD per minute at pH7.5 at 25°C
- Prepare assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 100 mM Potassium phosphate, 0.13mM beta-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, reduced form, 0.25mM oxalacetic acid.
- Add recombinant MDH protein with various concentrations (0.1ug, 0.5ug, 1ug) in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor at A340nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Record the increase at A340nm for approximately 2 minutes
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab99238 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMAKVAVLGASGGIGQPLSLLLKNSPLVSRL TLYDIAHTPGVAADLSHIETKAAVKGYLGPEQLPDCLKGCDVVVIPAGVP RKPGMTRDDLFNTNATIVATLTAACAQHCPEAMICVIANPVNSTIPITAE VFKKHGVYNPNKIFGVTTLDIVRANTFVAELKGLDPARVNVPVIGGHAGK TIIPLISQCTPKVDFPQDQLTALTGRIQEAGTEVVKAKAGAGSATLSMAY AGARFVFSLVDAMNGKEGVVECSFVKSQETECTYFSTPLLLGKKGIEKNL GIGKVSSFEEKMISDAIPELKASIKKGEDFVKTLK
Predicted molecular weight35 kDa including tags
Amino acids25 to 338
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99238 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- M MDH
- Malate dehydrogenase
- Malate dehydrogenase 2, NAD (mitochondrial)
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LDH/MDH superfamily. MDH type 1 family.
modificationsAcetylation is enhanced by up to 67% after treatment either with trichostin A (TSA) or with nicotinamide (NAM) with the appearance of tri-and tetraacetylations. Glucose also increases acetylation by about 60%.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab99238 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Intlekofer AM et al. L-2-Hydroxyglutarate production arises from noncanonical enzyme function at acidic pH. Nat Chem Biol 13:494-500 (2017). PubMed: 28263965