Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: >= 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies, WB
Product nameRecombinant human MMP3 protein (Active)
See all MMP3 proteins and peptides
ab96555 activity was measured by its ability to cleave a chromogenic peptide MMP3 substrate at room temperature.
At a MMP3 concentration of 2.5 µg/ml, 50% cleavage was achieved at an incubation time of approximately 75 minutes.
Purity>= 98 % SDS-PAGE.
>=98% HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMRTFPGIPKW RKTHLTYRIV NYTPDLPKDA VDSAVEKALK VWEEVTPLTF SRLYEGEADI MISFAVREHG DFYPFDGPGN VLAHAYAPGP GINGDAHFDD DEQWTKDTTG TNLFLVAAHE IGHSLGLFHS ANTEALMYPL YHSLTDLTRF RLSQDDINGI QSLYGPPPDS PETPLVPTEP VPPEPGTPAN CDPALSFDAV STLRGEILIF KDRHFWRKSL RKLEPELHLI SSFWPSLPSG VDAAYEVTSK DLVFIFKGNQ FWAIRGNEVR AGYPRGIHTL GFPPTVRKID AAISDKEKNK TYFFVEDKYW RFDEKRNSME PGFPKQIAED FPGIDSKIDA VFEEFGFFYF FTGSSQLEFD PNAKKVTHTL KSNSWLNC
Predicted molecular weight43 kDa
Amino acids101 to 477
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96555 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein on reconstitution (0.1% HSA or BSA). Working aliquots stored with a carrier protein are stable for at least 3 months at -20°C to -80°C..
Constituents: 0.00111% Calcium chloride, 0.164% Sodium phosphate, 0.1% CHAPS, 0.002% EDTA disodium salt
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.5-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex.
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3
- Matrix metalloproteinase 3 preproprotein
FunctionCan degrade fibronectin, laminin, gelatins of type I, III, IV, and V; collagens III, IV, X, and IX, and cartilage proteoglycans. Activates procollagenase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab96555 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Pentz R et al. A new role for matrix metalloproteinase-3 in the NGF metabolic pathway: Proteolysis of mature NGF and sex-specific differences in the continuum of Alzheimer's pathology. Neurobiol Dis 148:105150 (2021). PubMed: 33130223
- Ganguly SS et al. Notch3 promotes prostate cancer-induced bone lesion development via MMP-3. Oncogene 39:204-218 (2020). PubMed: 31467432
- O'Callaghan J et al. Therapeutic potential of AAV-mediated MMP-3 secretion from corneal endothelium in treating glaucoma. Hum Mol Genet 26:1230-1246 (2017). PubMed: 28158775