Product nameRecombinant human PPIH protein
See all PPIH proteins and peptides
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 220 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant Cyclophikin H (PPIH) protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab78874 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMAVANSSPVNPVVFFDVSIGGQEVGRMKIELFADVVPKTAENFRQFCTGE FRKDGVPIGYKGSTFHRVIKDFMIQGGDFVNGDGTGVASIYRGPFADENF KLRHSAPGLLSMANSGPSTNGCQFFITCSKCDWLDGKHVVFGKIIDGLLV MRKIENVPTGPNNKPKLPVVISQCGEM
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78874 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: PBS, 10% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Cyclophilin H
FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins. It catalyzes the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides. Participates in pre-mRNA splicing. May play a role in the assembly of the U4/U5/U6 tri-snRNP complex. May act as a chaperone.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclophilin-type PPIase family. PPIase H subfamily.
Contains 1 PPIase cyclophilin-type domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with spliceosomal snRNPs. A small proportion may also be cytoplasmic.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab78874 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.