Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant Human Profilin 1 protein
See all Profilin 1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab87760 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMAGWNAYIDN LMADGTCQDA AIVGYKDSPS VWAAVPGKTF VNITPAEVGV LVGKDRSSFY VNGLTLGGQK CSVIRDSLLQ DGEFSMDLRT KSTGGAPTFN VTVTKTDKTL VLLMGKEGVH GGLINKKCYE MASHLRRSQY
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesEndotoxin level: < 1.0 EU per 1 µg of protein (determined by LAL method).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.316% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol
- Actin binding protein
- Epididymis tissue protein Li 184a
FunctionBinds to actin and affects the structure of the cytoskeleton. At high concentrations, profilin prevents the polymerization of actin, whereas it enhances it at low concentrations. By binding to PIP2, it inhibits the formation of IP3 and DG.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the profilin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab87760 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Allen A et al. Actin-binding protein profilin1 promotes aggressiveness of clear-cell renal cell carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem 295:15636-15649 (2020). PubMed: 32883810
- Menkhorst EM et al. Invasive trophoblast promote stromal fibroblast decidualization via Profilin 1 and ALOX5. Sci Rep 7:8690 (2017). PubMed: 28821715
- Zienkiewicz A et al. Chip-based capillary electrophoresis profiling of olive pollen extracts used for allergy diagnosis and immunotherapy. Electrophoresis 35:2681-5 (2014). PubMed: 24888349
- Caglayan E et al. Profilin-1 is expressed in human atherosclerotic plaques and induces atherogenic effects on vascular smooth muscle cells. PLoS One 5:e13608 (2010). PubMed: 21049052