Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameRecombinant human PTP1B protein (Active)
See all PTP1B proteins and peptides
Specific activity is > 10,000 units/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that hydrolyze 1.0 nmole of p-nitrophenyl phosphate (pNPP) per minute at pH 7.5 at 37C.
- Prepare a 180ul assay buffer into a suitable container: The concentrations are 11mM Tris-HCl pH7.5, 55mM NaCl, 2.2mM DTT, 1.1mM MnCl2, 1.1mM EDTA, 33mM pNPP.
- Equilibrate to 37? and monitor the A405nm until value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20ul of recombinant PTP-1B protein 12.5ug/ml in 0.1% BSA/DW.
- Record the absorbance A405nm for 5 minutes.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
This protein was purified by conventional column chromatographic techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMEMEKEFEQI DKSGSWAAIY QDIRHEASDF PCRVAKLPKN KNRNRYRDVS PFDHSRIKLH QEDNDYINAS LIKMEEAQRS YILTQGPLPN TCGHFWEMVW EQKSRGVVML NRVMEKGSLK CAQYWPQKEE KEMIFEDTNL KLTLISEDIK SYYTVRQLEL ENLTTQETRE ILHFHYTTWP DFGVPESPAS FLNFLFKVRE SGSLSPEHGP VVVHCSAGIG RSGTFCLADT CLLLMDKRKD PSSVDIKKVL LEMRKFRMGL IQTADQLRFS YLAVIEGAKF IMGDSSVQDQ WKELSHEDLE PPPEHIPPPP RPPKRILEPH N
Predicted molecular weight37 kDa
Amino acids1 to 321
Additional sequence information(NP_002818)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51277 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration determined by Bradford assay.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.0156% Beta mercaptoethanol, 0.0154% DTT, 0.395% Tris HCl, 0.0292% EDTA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Non receptor tyrosine phosphatase 1
- Protein phosphotyrosylphosphatase 1B
FunctionMay play an important role in CKII- and p60c-src-induced signal transduction cascades.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein-tyrosine phosphatase family. Non-receptor class 1 subfamily.
Contains 1 tyrosine-protein phosphatase domain.
modificationsOxidized on Cys-215; the Cys-SOH formed in response to redox signaling reacts with the alpha-amido of the following residue to form a 4-amino-3-isothiazolidinone serine cross-link, triggering a conformational change that inhibits substrate binding and activity. The active site can be restored by reduction.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51277 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ghosh S et al. ßA1-crystallin regulates glucose metabolism and mitochondrial function in mouse retinal astrocytes by modulating PTP1B activity. Commun Biol 4:248 (2021). PubMed: 33627831
- Wu JS et al. Benzyl Furanones and Pyrones from the Marine-Derived Fungus Aspergillus terreus Induced by Chemical Epigenetic Modification. Molecules 25:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32867374
- Wu JS et al. New Thiodiketopiperazine and 3,4-Dihydroisocoumarin Derivatives from the Marine-Derived Fungus Aspergillus terreus. Mar Drugs 18:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32110865
- Zivanovic J et al. Selective Persulfide Detection Reveals Evolutionarily Conserved Antiaging Effects of S-Sulfhydration. Cell Metab 30:1152-1170.e13 (2019). PubMed: 31735592