Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: >= 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: HPLC, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Optimal bioactivity
- Guaranteed identical to human native proteins
- >95% purity
- Ultra-low endotoxin levels: <0.005 Eu/µg
- Carrier and tag free
Product nameRecombinant human SDF1 protein (Active)
See all SDF1 proteins and peptides
Determined by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral T cells activated with PHA and IL-2 using a concentation of 20-80 ng/ml.
Purity>= 98 % SDS-PAGE.
>= HPLC analyses. Sterile filtered.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceKPVSLSYRCP CRFFESHVAR ANVKHLKILN TPNCALQIVA RLKNNNRQVC IDPKLKWIQE YLEKALNK
Predicted molecular weight8 kDa
Amino acids22 to 89
Additional sequence informationFull length mature protein, minus the signal peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9798 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionPlease add 100ul water to reconstitute this product.
- 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate repressed protein 1
- C-X-C motif chemokine 12
FunctionChemoattractant active on T-lymphocytes, monocytes, but not neutrophils. Activates the C-X-C chemokine receptor CXCR4 to induce a rapid and transient rise in the level of intracellular calcium ions and chemotaxis. Also binds to atypical chemokine receptor ACKR3, which activates the beta-arrestin pathway and acts as a scavenger receptor for SDF-1. SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) show a reduced chemotactic activity. Binding to cell surface proteoglycans seems to inhibit formation of SDF-1-alpha(3-67) and thus to preserve activity on local sites. Acts as a positive regulator of monocyte migration and a negative regulator of monocyte adhesion via the LYN kinase. Stimulates migration of monocytes and T-lymphocytes through its receptors, CXCR4 and ACKR3, and decreases monocyte adherence to surfaces coated with ICAM-1, a ligand for beta-2 integrins. SDF1A/CXCR4 signaling axis inhibits beta-2 integrin LFA-1 mediated adhesion of monocytes to ICAM-1 through LYN kinase. Inhibits CXCR4-mediated infection by T-cell line-adapted HIV-1. Plays a protective role after myocardial infarction. Induces down-regulation and internalization of ACKR3 expressed in various cells. Has several critical functions during embryonic development; required for B-cell lymphopoiesis, myelopoiesis in bone marrow and heart ventricular septum formation.
Tissue specificityIsoform Alpha and isoform Beta are ubiquitously expressed, with highest levels detected in liver, pancreas and spleen. Isoform Gamma is mainly expressed in heart, with weak expression detected in several other tissues. Isoform Delta, isoform Epsilon and isoform Theta have highest expression levels in pancreas, with lower levels detected in heart, kidney, liver and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
Developmental stageIsoform Alpha is ubiquitously expressed in fetal tissues. Isoform Beta and isoform Delta have more limited expression patterns, with highest levels detected in fetal spleen and fetal liver, respectively. Isoform Gamma and isoform Theta are weakly detected in fetal kidney.
modificationsProcessed forms SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) are produced after secretion by proteolytic cleavage of isoforms Beta and Alpha, respectively. The N-terminal processing is probably achieved by DPP4. Isoform Alpha is first cleaved at the C-terminus to yield a SDF-1-alpha(1-67) intermediate before being processed at the N-terminus. The C-terminal processing of isoform Alpha is reduced by binding to heparin and, probably, cell surface proteoglycans.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9798 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Guo Z et al. Cordycepin suppresses the migration and invasion of human liver cancer cells by downregulating the expression of CXCR4. Int J Mol Med 45:141-150 (2020). PubMed: 31746344
- Umezu K et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1 regulates in vitro sperm migration towards the cumulus-oocyte complex in cattle. PLoS One 15:e0232536 (2020). PubMed: 32353075
- Mancarella C et al. Insulin-Like Growth Factor 2 mRNA-Binding Protein 3 Modulates Aggressiveness of Ewing Sarcoma by Regulating the CD164-CXCR4 Axis. Front Oncol 10:994 (2020). PubMed: 32719743
- Zhang M et al. CP-25 exerts anti-angiogenic effects on a rat model of adjuvant-induced arthritis by promoting GRK2-induced downregulation of CXCR4-ERK1/2 signaling in endothelial cells. Mol Med Rep 20:4831-4842 (2019). PubMed: 31661133
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com