Product nameRecombinant human Superoxide Dismutase 1 protein
See all Superoxide Dismutase 1 proteins and peptides
Biological activitySpecific activity is > 90 units/mg, in which one unit will inhibit the rate of reduction of cytochrome c by 50% in a coupled system, using xanthine and Xanthine oxidase at pH 7.8 at 25°C in a 1.5 ml reaction volume.
- Prepare a 1.5 ml reaction mix into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 50mM potassium phosphate, 0.1mM ethylendiaminetetraacetic acid, 0.01mM cytochrome C 0.05mM xanthine, 0.005 units xanthine oxidase.
- Equilibrate to 25°C and monitor at A550nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 50 ul of recombinant SOD protein in various concentrations (0.5ug, 1ug) in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and record the increase at A550nm for 5 minutes.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab74916 is purified by conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMATKAVCVLK GDGPVQGIIN FEQKESNGPV KVWGSIKGLT EGLHGFHVHE FGDNTAGCTS AGPHFNPLSR KHGGPKDEER HVGDLGNVTA DKDGVADVSI EDSVISLSGD HCIIGRTLVV HEKADDLGKG GNEESTKTGN AGSRLACGVI GIAQ
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab13498)
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab13499)
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab16831)
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab45777)
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody [EP1727Y] (ab51254)
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab52950)
- Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab62800)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74916 in the following tested applications.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.242% Tris, 10% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 1 adult
FunctionDestroys radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOD1 are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 1 (ALS1) [MIM:105400]. ALS1 is a familial form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of cases leading to familial forms.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsUnlike wild-type protein, the pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-38, Arg-47, Arg-86 and Ala-94 are polyubiquitinated by RNF19A leading to their proteasomal degradation. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 are ubiquitinated by MARCH5 leading to their proteasomal degradation.
The ditryptophan cross-link at Trp-33 is reponsible for the non-disulfide-linked homodimerization. Such modification might only occur in extreme conditions and additional experimental evidence is required.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 gradually aggregates and accumulates in mitochondria.
- Information by UniProt
ab74916 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.