Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant Human TDP43 protein (denatured)
See all TDP43 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMRGSHHHHHH GMASMTGGQQ MGRDLYDDDD KDRWGSMSEY IRVTEDENDE PIEIPSEDDG TVLLSTVTAQ FPGACGLRYR NPVSQCMRGV RLVEGILHAP DAGWGNLVYV VNYPKDNKRK MDETDASSAV KVKRAVQKTS DLIVLGLPWK TTEQDLKEYF STFGEVLMVQ VKKDLKTGHS KGFGFVRFTE YETQVKVMSQ RHMIDGRWCD CKLPNSKQSQ DEPLRSRKVF VGRCTEDMTE DELREFFSQY GDVMDVFIPK PFRAFAFVTF ADDQIAQSLC GEDLIIKGIS VHISNAEPKH NSNRQLERSG RFGGNPGGFG NQGGFGNSRG GGAGLGNNQG SNMGGGMNFG AFSINPAMMA AAQAALQSSW GMMGMLASQQ NQSGPSGNNQ NQGNMQREPN QAFGSGNNSY SGSNSGAAIG WGSASNAGSG SGFNGGFGSS MDSKSSGWGM
Predicted molecular weight49 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 414
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
- Anti-TDP43 antibody [3H8] (ab104223)
- Anti-TDP43 antibody [EPR5810] (ab109535)
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody (ab1162)
- Anti-TDP43 antibody (ab154047)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody (ab21536)
- Anti-TDP43 antibody (ab41881)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-TDP43 antibody [2E2-D3] (ab57105)
- Anti-TDP43 antibody (ab80608)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9108)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab156345 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 2.4% Urea, 0.32% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol
FunctionDNA and RNA-binding protein which regulates transcription and splicing. Involved in the regulation of CFTR splicing. It promotes CFTR exon 9 skipping by binding to the UG repeated motifs in the polymorphic region near the 3'-splice site of this exon. The resulting aberrant splicing is associated with pathological features typical of cystic fibrosis. May also be involved in microRNA biogenesis, apoptosis and cell division. Can repress HIV-1 transcription by binding to the HIV-1 long terminal repeat. Stabilizes the low molecular weight neurofilament (NFL) mRNA through a direct interaction with the 3' UTR.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. In particular, expression is high in pancreas, placenta, lung, genital tract and spleen.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TARDBP are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 10 (ALS10) [MIM:612069]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of ALS is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of the cases.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
DomainThe RRM domains can bind to both DNA and RNA.
modificationsHyperphosphorylated in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Ubiquitinated in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Cleaved to generate C-terminal fragments in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Cellular localizationNucleus. In patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, it is absent from the nucleus of affected neurons but it is the primary component of cytoplasmic ubiquitin-positive inclusion bodies.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab156345 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Pankivskyi S et al. ITSN1 regulates SAM68 solubility through SH3 domain interactions with SAM68 proline-rich motifs. Cell Mol Life Sci 78:1745-1763 (2021). PubMed: 32780150
- Ding X et al. Spreading of TDP-43 pathology via pyramidal tract induces ALS-like phenotypes in TDP-43 transgenic mice. Acta Neuropathol Commun 9:15 (2021). PubMed: 33461623
- Paez-Colasante X et al. Cytoplasmic TDP43 Binds microRNAs: New Disease Targets in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Front Cell Neurosci 14:117 (2020). PubMed: 32477070