Key features and details
- Expression system: HEK 293 cells
- Purity: > 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: HPLC, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE, WB
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Optimal bioactivity
- Guaranteed identical to human native proteins
- >95% purity
- Ultra-low endotoxin levels: <0.005 Eu/µg
- Carrier and tag free
Product nameRecombinant human TGF beta 2 protein (Active)
See all TGF beta 2 proteins and peptides
Determined by its ability to inhibit the mouse IL-4-dependent proliferation of mouse HT-2 cells.
The ED50 was found to be = 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of = 5 x 106 units/mg.
Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
> 98% HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemHEK 293 cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceALDAAYCFRN VQDNCCLRPL YIDFKRDLGW KWIHEPKGYN ANFCAGACPY LWSSDTQHSR VLSLYNTINP EASASPCCVS QDLEPLTILY YIGKTPKIEQ LSNMIVKSCK CS
Predicted molecular weight25 kDa
Amino acids303 to 414
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84070 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstituted TGF beta 2 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor
- BSC1 cell growth inhibitor
FunctionTGF-beta 2 has suppressive effects on interleukin-2 dependent T-cell growth.
Involvement in diseaseA chromosomal aberration involving TGFB2 is found in a family with Peters anomaly. Translocation t(1;7)(q41;p21) with HDAC9.
Loeys-Dietz syndrome 4
Defects in TGFB2 may be a cause of non-syndromic aortic disease (NSAD). NSAD is a frequently asymptomatic but potentially lethal disease characterized by thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections without additional syndromic features.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-2 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-2 rendering it inactive.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab84070 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Jie X et al. USP9X-mediated KDM4C deubiquitination promotes lung cancer radioresistance by epigenetically inducing TGF-ß2 transcription. Cell Death Differ 28:2095-2111 (2021). PubMed: 33558705
- Finger AM et al. Intercellular coupling between peripheral circadian oscillators by TGF-ß signaling. Sci Adv 7:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34301601
- Corbet C et al. TGFß2-induced formation of lipid droplets supports acidosis-driven EMT and the metastatic spreading of cancer cells. Nat Commun 11:454 (2020). PubMed: 31974393
- Babushkina A & Lwigale P Periocular neural crest cell differentiation into corneal endothelium is influenced by signals in the nascent corneal environment. Dev Biol 465:119-129 (2020). PubMed: 32697973
- Tran DQ et al. GARP (LRRC32) is essential for the surface expression of latent TGF-beta on platelets and activated FOXP3+ regulatory T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13445-50 (2009). PubMed: 19651619
- O'Riordan E et al. Chronic NOS inhibition actuates endothelial-mesenchymal transformation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H285-94 (2007). PubMed: 16963618