Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: WB, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human Thioredoxin / TRX protein (Active)
See all Thioredoxin / TRX proteins and peptides
Specific activity is >150 A650/cm/min/mg, obtained by measuring the increase of insulin precipitation in absorbance at 650 nm resulting from the reduction of insulin.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Recombinant human Thioredoxin / TRX was overexpressed in E. coli and purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMVKQIESKTA FQEALDAAGD KLVVVDFSAT WCGPCKMIKP FFHSLSEKYS NVIFLEVDVD DCQDVASECE VKCMPTFQFF KKGQKVGEFS GANKEKLEAT INELV
Predicted molecular weight12 kDa
Amino acids1 to 105
Additional sequence information(NP_003320)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51064 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
MW confirmed by MALDI-TOF.
Concentration determined by BCA assay.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ATL derived factor
- ATL-derived factor
FunctionParticipates in various redox reactions through the reversible oxidation of its active center dithiol to a disulfide and catalyzes dithiol-disulfide exchange reactions. Plays a role in the reversible S-nitrosylation of cysteine residues in target proteins, and thereby contributes to the response to intracellular nitric oxide. Nitrosylates the active site Cys of CASP3 in response to nitric oxide (NO), and thereby inhibits caspase-3 activity. Induces the FOS/JUN AP-1 DNA-binding activity in ionizing radiation (IR) cells through its oxidation/reduction status and stimulates AP-1 transcriptional activity.
ADF augments the expression of the interleukin-2 receptor TAC (IL2R/P55).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thioredoxin family.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
modificationsIn the fully reduced protein, both Cys-69 and Cys-73 are nitrosylated in response to nitric oxide (NO). When two disulfide bonds are present in the protein, only Cys-73 is nitrosylated. Cys-73 can serve as donor for nitrosylation of target proteins.
In case of infection, ubiquitinated by S.typhimurium protein slrP, leading to its degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Secreted. Secreted by a leaderless secretory pathway. Predominantly in the cytoplasm in non irradiated cells. Radiation induces translocation of TRX from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
3 ug of reduced ab51064, on 15% SDS-PAGE, stained with Coomassie Blue.
Anti-Thioredoxin / TRX antibody (ab26320) at 1 µg/ml +
Recombinant human Thioredoxin / TRX protein (Active) (ab51064) at 0.01 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab51064 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wadley AJ et al. Characterization of extracellular redox enzyme concentrations in response to exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985) 127:858-866 (2019). PubMed: 31246554
- Booty LM et al. Selective Disruption of Mitochondrial Thiol Redox State in Cells and In Vivo. Cell Chem Biol 26:449-461.e8 (2019). PubMed: 30713096
- Balta E et al. Spatial oxidation of L-plastin downmodulates actin-based functions of tumor cells. Nat Commun 10:4073 (2019). PubMed: 31501427
- Froeling FEM et al. Bioactivation of Napabucasin Triggers Reactive Oxygen Species-Mediated Cancer Cell Death. Clin Cancer Res 25:7162-7174 (2019). PubMed: 31527169
- Carilho Torrao RB et al. Healthy ageing and depletion of intracellular glutathione influences T cell membrane thioredoxin-1 levels and cytokine secretion. Chem Cent J 7:150 (2013). PubMed: 24007191
- Randazzo J et al. Orally active multi-functional antioxidants are neuroprotective in a rat model of light-induced retinal damage. PLoS One 6:e21926 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21779355