Product nameRecombinant Human TIMP2 protein
See all TIMP2 proteins and peptides
Purity> 85 % SDS-PAGE.
ab131675 was purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMRGSHHHHHH GMASMTGGQQ MGRDLYDDDD KDRWGSHM CS CSPVHPQQAF CNADVVIRAK AVSEKEVDSG NDIYGNPIKR IQYEIKQIKM FKGPEKDIEF IYTAPSSAVC GVSLDVGGKK EYLIAGKAEG DGKMHITLCD FIVPWDTLST TQKKSLNHRY QMGCECKITR CPMIPCYISS PDECLWMDWV TEKNINGHQA KFFACIKRSD GSCAWYRGAA PPKQEFLDIE DP
Predicted molecular weight26 kDa including tags
Amino acids27 to 220
TagsHis tag N-Terminus , DDDDK tag N-Terminus
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody (ab1162)
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody (ab1170)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody [F-tag-01] (ab18230)
- Anti-TIMP2 antibody [3A4] (ab1828)
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody (ab21536)
- Anti-DDDDK tag (Binds to FLAG® tag sequence) antibody [M2] (HRP) (ab49763)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9108)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131675 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.02% DTT, 0.32% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
- CSC 21K
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-13, MMP-14, MMP-15, MMP-16 and MMP-19.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP2 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
ab131675 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.