Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, WB
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Optimal bioactivity
- Guaranteed identical to human native proteins
- >95% purity
- Ultra-low endotoxin levels: <0.005 Eu/µg
- Carrier and tag free
Product nameRecombinant Human TNF alpha protein
See all TNF alpha proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
Amino acids77 to 233
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Additional sequence informationCorresponds to the mature soluble TNF alpha chain protein.
- Anti-TNF alpha antibody [52B83] (ab1793)
- Human TNF alpha ELISA Kit (ab181421)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Human TNF alpha Matched Antibody Pair Kit (ab213467)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab6671)
- Anti-TNF alpha antibody [P/T2] (ab9579)
- Anti-TNF alpha antibody [NF-7] (ab9809)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55237 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- APC1 protein
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab55237 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Bustos RH et al. Label-Free Quantification of Anti-TNF-a in Patients Treated with Adalimumab Using an Optical Biosensor. Sensors (Basel) 18:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29495408