Product nameRecombinant Human TXNRD1 protein
See all TXNRD1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
refolded and chromatographically purified.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMASMTGGQQMGRGHHHHHHENLYFQGGEFNGPEDLPKSYDYDLIIIGGGS GGLAAAKEAAQYGK KVMVLDFVTPTPLGTRWGLGGTCVNVGCIPKKLM HQAALLGQALQDSRNYGWKVEETVKHDWDR MIEAVQNHIGSLNWGYRV ALREKKVVYENAYGQFIGPHRIKATNNKGKEKIYSAERFLIATGER PR YLGIPGDKEYCISSDDLFSLPYCPGKTLVVGASYVALECAGFLAGIGLDV TVMVRSILLRGF DQDMANKIGEHMEEHGIKFIRQFVPIKVEQIEAGTP GRLRVVAQSTNSEEIIEGEYNTVMLAIG RDACTRKIGLETVGVKINEK TGKIPVTDEEQTNVPYIYAIGDILEDKVELTPVAIQAGRLLAQR LYAG STVKCDYENVPTTVFTPLEYGACGLSEEKAVEKFGEENIEVYHSYFWPLE WTIPSRDNNK CYAKIICNTKDNERVVGFHVLGPNAGEVTQGFAAALKC GLTKKQLDSTIGIHPVCAEVFTTLSV TKRSGASILQAGCUG
Predicted molecular weight58 kDa including tags
Amino acids2 to 499
Additional sequence informationIsoform 5 with 29 aa N-terminal T7 / His / TEV cleavage site Tags.
- Anti-TXNRD1 antibody (ab155790)
- Anti-TXNRD1 antibody [EPR10205] (ab167411)
- Anti-TXNRD1 antibody (ab16840)
- Anti-TEV Tag antibody [KT88] (ab179875)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [HIS.H8] (ab18184)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (ab5000)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab9108)
- Anti-T7 tag® antibody (ab9115)
- Anti-T7 tag® antibody (ab9138)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab204206 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituent: 0.32% Tris HCl
Contains NaCl, KCl, EDTA, Sucrose, and DTT
- Gene associated with retinoic and IFN-induced mortality 12 protein
- Gene associated with retinoic and interferon-induced mortality 12 protein
FunctionIsoform 1 may possess glutaredoxin activity as well as thioredoxin reductase activity and induces actin and tubulin polymerization, leading to formation of cell membrane protrusions. Isoform 4 enhances the transcriptional activity of estrogen receptors alpha and beta while isoform 5 enhances the transcriptional activity of the beta receptor only. Isoform 5 also mediates cell death induced by a combination of interferon-beta and retinoic acid.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is expressed predominantly in Leydig cells (at protein level). Also expressed in ovary, spleen, heart, liver, kidney and pancreas and in a number of cancer cell lines. Isoform 4 is widely expressed with highest levels in kidney, testis, uterus, ovary, prostate, placenta and fetal liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-I pyridine nucleotide-disulfide oxidoreductase family.
Contains 1 glutaredoxin domain.
DomainThe N-terminal glutaredoxin domain found in isoform 1 does not contain the C-P-Y-C redox-active motif normally found in glutaredoxins and has been found to be inactive in classical glutaredoxin assays.
modificationsThe N-terminus of isoform 5 is blocked.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Cytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab204206 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Wang X et al. Peperomin E and its orally bioavailable analog induce oxidative stress-mediated apoptosis of acute myeloid leukemia progenitor cells by targeting thioredoxin reductase. Redox Biol 24:101153 (2019). PubMed: 30909158