Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: HPLC, CellDiff, Cellular Activation, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant human VEGF 165A protein (Active)
See all VEGF 165A proteins and peptides
Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC), using a concentration range of 1.0-8.0 ng/ml.
Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
> 98% HPLC analyses. Sterile filtered
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceAPMAEGGGQN HHEVVKFMDV YQRSYCHPIE TLVDIFQEYP DEIEYIFKPS CVPLMRCGGC CNDEGLECVP TEESNITMQI MRIKPHQGQH IGEMSFLQHN KCECRPKKDR ARQENPCGPC SERRKHLFVQ DPQTCKCSCK NTDSRCKARQ LELNERTCRC DKPRR
Predicted molecular weight38 kDa
Amino acids27 to 191
Additional sequence informationaa 27-232 is the full length mature protein minus the signal peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9571 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstitute in 100 µl dH2O
- glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
Human embryonic stem cells (H9) were differentiated both as embryoid bodies and monolayer cultures (on Matrigel) using a protocol described in Kennedy et al., 2006. BMP-4, FGF-basic (ab9596) and VEGF (ab9571) were sequentially added to the media to direct differentiation. These images were taken at day 8, where cell adhesion antigens CD31 (ab32457 in green) and CD34 (ab8536 in red) are abundant and represent primitive haematopoietic cells within the culture. DAPI staining is shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9571 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Abu El-Asrar AM et al. Galectin-1 studies in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Acta Ophthalmol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31318490
- Lande R et al. CXCL4 assembles DNA into liquid crystalline complexes to amplify TLR9-mediated interferon-a production in systemic sclerosis. Nat Commun 10:1731 (2019). PubMed: 31043596
- Zhang L et al. VEGF-A/Neuropilin 1 Pathway Confers Cancer Stemness via Activating Wnt/ß-Catenin Axis in Breast Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 44:1251-1262 (2017). PubMed: 29179185
- Jiménez-Torres JA et al. LumeNEXT: A Practical Method to Pattern Luminal Structures in ECM Gels. Adv Healthc Mater 5:198-204 (2016). PubMed: 26610188
- Grun D et al. VEGF-A acts via neuropilin-1 to enhance epidermal cancer stem cell survival and formation of aggressive and highly vascularized tumors. Oncogene 35:4379-87 (2016). PubMed: 26804163
- Tan J et al. Extracts of endophytic fungus xkc-s03 from Prunella vulgaris L. spica inhibit gastric cancer in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Lett 9:945-949 (2015). PubMed: 25624914
- Kim DS et al. Pituitary tumor transforming gene (PTTG) stimulates thyroid cell proliferation via a vascular endothelial growth factor/kinase insert domain receptor/inhibitor of DNA binding-3 autocrine pathway. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4603-11 (2006). PubMed: 16926250
- Rollin S et al. VEGF-mediated endothelial P-selectin translocation: role of VEGF receptors and endogenous PAF synthesis. Blood 103:3789-97 (2004). PubMed: 14764537