Product nameRecombinant Human Vimentin protein
See all Vimentin proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceSTRSVSSSSY RRMFGGPGTA SRPSSSRSYV TTSTRTYSLG SALRPSTSRS LYASSPGGVY ATRSSAVRLR SSVPGVRLLQ DSVDFSLADA INTEFKNTRT NEKVELQELN DRFANYIDKV RFLEQQNKIL LAELEQLKGQ GKSRLGDLYE EEMRELRRQV DQLTNDKARV EVERDNLAED IMRLREKLQE EMLQREEAEN TLQSFRQDVD NASLARLDLE RKVESLQEEI AFLKKLHEEE IQELQAQIQE QHVQIDVDVS KPDLTAALRD VRQQYESVAA KNLQEAEEWY KSKFADLSEA ANRNNDALRQ AKQESTEYRR QVQSLTCEVD ALKGTNESLE RQMREMEENF AVEAANYQDT IGRLQDEIQN MKEEMARHLR EYQDLLNVKM ALDIEIATYR KLLEGEESRI SLPLPNFSSL NLRETNLDSL PLVDTHSKRT LLIKTVETRD GQVINETSQH HDDLE
Predicted molecular weight54 kDa
Additional sequence informationVimentin Human Recombinant produced in E.coli cells is a single non-glycosylated protein containing 465 amino acids chain and having a molecular mass of 53.5kDa.
- Anti-Vimentin antibody (ab11256)
- Human Vimentin Profiling ELISA Kit (ab173190)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody [VI-10] (ab20346)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody (ab39376)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody - Cytoskeleton Marker (ab45939)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody [V9] - Cytoskeleton Marker (ab8069)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody [RV202] - Cytoskeleton Marker (ab8978)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody [RV203] (ab8979)
- Anti-Vimentin antibody [EPR3776] - Cytoskeleton Marker (ab92547)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73843 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 30% Acetonitrile, 0.1% Trifluoroacetic acid
ReconstitutionReconstitute the lyophilized ab73843 in sterile 4mM HCl not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions. Upon reconstitution ab73843 should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -20°C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
- Epididymis luminal protein 113
FunctionVimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
Involvement in diseaseCataract 30
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
DomainThe central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
The [IL]-x-C-x-x-[DE] motif is a proposed target motif for cysteine S-nitrosylation mediated by the iNOS-S100A8/A9 transnitrosylase complex.
modificationsFilament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
O-glycosylated during cytokinesis at sites identical or close to phosphorylation sites, this interferes with the phosphorylation status.
S-nitrosylation is induced by interferon-gamma and oxidatively-modified low-densitity lipoprotein (LDL(ox)) possibly implicating the iNOS-S100A8/9 transnitrosylase complex.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab73843 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Frescas D et al. Senescent cells expose and secrete an oxidized form of membrane-bound vimentin as revealed by a natural polyreactive antibody. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E1668-E1677 (2017). ELISA, Sandwich ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 28193858
- Twine NA et al. Transcription factor ZNF25 is associated with osteoblast differentiation of human skeletal stem cells. BMC Genomics 17:872 (2016). PubMed: 27814695
- Kotula E et al. DNA-PK Target Identification Reveals Novel Links between DNA Repair Signaling and Cytoskeletal Regulation. PLoS One 8:e80313 (2013). PubMed: 24282534