Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE, HPLC
Product nameRecombinant human Wnt1 protein (Active)
See all Wnt1 proteins and peptides
The ED50 was determined by its ability to enhance BMP-2 induced alkaline phosphatase production by murine ATDC5 cells.
The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.5 - 2.5 ng/ml in the presence of 200 ng/ml of human BMP-2.
Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceANSSGRWWGI VNVASSTNLL TDSKSLQLVL EPSLQLLSRK QRRLIRQNPG ILHSVSGGLQ SAVRECKWQF RNRRWNCPTA PGPHLFGKIV NRGCRETAFI FAITSAGVTH SVARSCSEGS IESCTCDYRR RGPGGPDWHW GGCSDNIDFG RLFGREFVDS GEKGRDLRFL MNLHNNEAGR TTVFSEMRQE CKCHGMSGSC TVRTCWMRLP TLRAVGDVLR DRFDGASRVL YGNRGSNRAS RAELLRLEPE DPAHKPPSPH DLVYFEKSPN FCTYSGRLGT AGTAGRACNS SSPALDGCEL LCCGRGHRTR TQRVTERCNC TFHWCCHVSC RNCTHTRVLH ECL
Predicted molecular weight38 kDa
Amino acids28 to 370
Additional sequence informationFull length mature protein, without the signal peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84080 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionWe recommend initial reconstitution in water alone for full solubility. ab84080 reconstituted is stable for at least 6 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein such as 0.1% BSA at -20oC. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. In some developmental processes, is also a ligand for the coreceptor RYK, thus triggering Wnt signaling. Probable developmental protein. May be a signaling molecule important in CNS development. Is likely to signal over only few cell diameters.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab84080 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Neuroprotection mediated by the Wnt/Frizzled signaling pathway in early brain injury induced by subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neural Regen Res 14:1013-1024 (2019). PubMed: 30762013
- Xie W et al. Sox2 modulates Lef-1 expression during airway submucosal gland development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 306:L645-60 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24487391
- Cai WY et al. The Wnt-ß-catenin pathway represses let-7 microRNA expression through transactivation of Lin28 to augment breast cancer stem cell expansion. J Cell Sci 126:2877-89 (2013). PubMed: 23613467
- Straussman R et al. Tumour micro-environment elicits innate resistance to RAF inhibitors through HGF secretion. Nature 487:500-4 (2012). PubMed: 22763439
- Duan J et al. Wnt1/ßcatenin injury response activates the epicardium and cardiac fibroblasts to promote cardiac repair. EMBO J : (2011). PubMed: 22085926
- Wexler EM et al. Endogenous Wnt signaling maintains neural progenitor cell potency. Stem Cells 27:1130-41 (2009). PubMed: 19418460
- Joksimovic M et al. Wnt antagonism of Shh facilitates midbrain floor plate neurogenesis. Nat Neurosci 12:125-31 (2009). PubMed: 19122665
- Yang L et al. Phosphorylation of p68 RNA helicase plays a role in platelet-derived growth factor-induced cell proliferation by up-regulating cyclin D1 and c-Myc expression. J Biol Chem 282:16811-9 (2007). PubMed: 17412694
- Williamson D et al. Role for amplification and expression of glypican-5 in rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Res 67:57-65 (2007). PubMed: 17210683