Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 99% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant mouse MCP1 protein
See all MCP1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 99 % SDS-PAGE.
Sterile filtered Greater than 99% pure by HPLC analyses. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per g (1EU/g).
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceRecombinant murine JE, also known as monocyte chemotactic protein (MCP-1), is a 13.8 kDa protein containing 125 amino acid residues. QPDAVNAPLT CCYSFTSKMI PMSRLESYKR ITSSRCPKEA VVFVTKLKRE VCADPKKEWV QTYIKNLDRN QMRSEPTTLF KTASALRSSA PLNVKLTRKS EANASTTFST TTSSTSVGVT SVTVN
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9901 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesThe biological activity of this product was determined by its ability to chemoattract Balb/c mouse spleen MNCs using a concentration range of 0.1-10.0ng/ml.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionCentrifuge the vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Do not vortex. This solution can be stored at 2-8°C for up to 1 week. For extended storage, it is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing a carrier protein (example 0.1% BSA) and store in working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C.
- C-C motif chemokine 2
FunctionChemotactic factor that attracts monocytes and basophils but not neutrophils or eosinophils. Augments monocyte anti-tumor activity. Has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diseases characterized by monocytic infiltrates, like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis or atherosclerosis. May be involved in the recruitment of monocytes into the arterial wall during the disease process of atherosclerosis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine beta (chemokine CC) family.
modificationsProcessing at the N-terminus can regulate receptor and target cell selectivity. Deletion of the N-terminal residue converts it from an activator of basophil to an eosinophil chemoattractant.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9901 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ehsani E et al. Improved differentiation of human enriched CD133+CD24+ renal progenitor cells derived from embryonic stem cell with embryonic mouse kidney-derived mesenchymal stem cells co-culture. Differentiation 109:1-8 (2019). PubMed: 31323479
- Tsay HC et al. Hepatocyte-specific suppression of microRNA-221-3p mitigates liver fibrosis. J Hepatol 70:722-734 (2019). PubMed: 30582979
- Gallagher JJ et al. Acute and chronic phases of complex regional pain syndrome in mice are accompanied by distinct transcriptional changes in the spinal cord. Mol Pain 9:40 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23924076