Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: >= 98% SDS-PAGE
- Endotoxin level: < 1.000 Eu/µg
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: HPLC, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Optimal bioactivity
- Guaranteed identical to human native proteins
- >95% purity
- Ultra-low endotoxin levels: <0.005 Eu/µg
- Carrier and tag free
Product nameRecombinant mouse TNF alpha protein (Active)
See all TNF alpha proteins and peptides
The ED50,as determined by the cytolysis of murine L929 cells in the presence of actinomycin D, is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
Purity>= 98 % SDS-PAGE.
>= 98% HPLC analyses. Sterile filtered.
Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMLRSSSQNSS DKPVAHVVAN HQVEEQLEWL SQRANALLAN GMDLKDNQLV VPADGLYLVY SQVLFKGQGC PDYVLLTHTV SRFAISYQEK VNLLSAVKSP CPKDTPEGAE LKPWYEPIYL GGVFQLEKGD QLSAEVNLPK YLDFAESGQV YFGVIAL
Predicted molecular weight17 kDa
Amino acids80 to 235
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9740 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstitute this product in 200ul water.
- APC1 protein
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9740 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Guo X et al. Midkine activation of CD8+ T cells establishes a neuron-immune-cancer axis responsible for low-grade glioma growth. Nat Commun 11:2177 (2020). PubMed: 32358581
- Harland M et al. Neuronal Mitochondria Modulation of LPS-Induced Neuroinflammation. J Neurosci 40:1756-1765 (2020). PubMed: 31937559
- Vennin C et al. CAF hierarchy driven by pancreatic cancer cell p53-status creates a pro-metastatic and chemoresistant environment via perlecan. Nat Commun 10:3637 (2019). PubMed: 31406163
- Jensen P et al. TNFa affects CREB-mediated neuroprotective signaling pathways of synaptic plasticity in neurons as revealed by proteomics and phospho-proteomics. Oncotarget 8:60223-60242 (2017). PubMed: 28947966
- Garbacz WG et al. Sex- and Tissue-Specific Role of Estrogen Sulfotransferase in Energy Homeostasis and Insulin Sensitivity. Endocrinology 158:4093-4104 (2017). PubMed: 28938414