Key features and details
- Expression system: Baculovirus
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Tags: His tag C-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant Mycobacterium tuberculosis ESAT6 protein
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceADPMTEQQWN FAGIEAAASA IQGNVTSIHS LLDEGKQSLT KLAAAWGGSG SEAYQGVQQK WDATATELNN ALQNLARTIS EAGQAMASTE GNVTGMFAHH HHHH
Predicted molecular weight11 kDa including tags
Amino acids1 to 95
TagsHis tag C-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124574 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 10% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
- 6 kDa early secretory antigenic target
- 6 kDa early secretory antigenic target ESXA
- ESAT 6
RelevanceThe ESAT6 antigen from Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a dominant target for cell mediated immunity in the early phase of tuberculosis (TB) in TB patients as well as in various animal models. ESAT6 is not found in M. bovis BCG. Its function is not known but it elicits high level of IFN-gamma from memory effector cells during the first phase of a protective immune response.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab124574 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Sepulveda D et al. Bioelectrochemical Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis ESAT-6 in an Antibody-Based Biomicrosystem. Sensors (Basel) 17:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28937645
- Ouyang W et al. Enabling electrical biomolecular detection in high ionic concentrations and enhancement of the detection limit thereof by coupling a nanofluidic crystal with reconfigurable ion concentration polarization. Lab Chip 17:3772-3784 (2017). PubMed: 28983543