Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot, ELISA, IHC-P
Product nameRecombinant Protein G (HRP)
See all Protein G proteins and peptides
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)
Additional notesNo reaction was observed against anti-Protein A.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.01% Gentamicin sulphate
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 1.5% BSA
ReconstitutionReconstitute product with 1ml of deionized water.
- IgG binding protein G
- IgG-binding protein G
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein G [Precursor]
RelevanceProtein G is a bacterial protein derived from the cell wall of certain strains of b-hemolytic Streptococcci. It binds with high affinity to the Fc portion of various classes and subclasses of immunoglobulins from a variety of species. Protein G binds to all IgG subclasses from human, mouse and rat species. It also binds to total IgG from guinea pig, rabbit, goat, cow, sheep, and horse. Protein G binds preferentially to the Fc portion of IgG, but can also bind to the Fab region, making it useful for purification of F(ab') fragments of IgG. Due to it's affinity for the Fc region of many mammalian immunoglobulins, protein G is considered a universal reagent in biochemistry and immunology.
Cellular localizationCell Wall and Secreted
Used for detection of primary antibody in WB after IP with the same antibody. In this case, IP was with goat anti HP1-alpha ab77256 on Protein G beads, and detection was with goat anti HP1-alpha ab77256, and Protein G HRP ab7460. Detection was very specific, and eliminated heavy and light chains of denatured antibodies.
Dot Blot analysis of ab7460 Protein G protein (HRP).
Load: 200ng of ab7460 followed by a 3-fold serial dilution
Row 1: Human IgG
Row 2: Rat IgG
Row 3: Dog IgG
Primary antibody: none
Secondary antibody: Protein G Peroxidase Conjugated at 1/1000 for 60 min at room temperature
Block: Blocking buffer for 60 min at room temperature
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab7460 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Simhadri VL et al. Prevalence of Pre-existing Antibodies to CRISPR-Associated Nuclease Cas9 in the USA Population. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 10:105-112 (2018). PubMed: 30073181
- Faburay B et al. A glycosylated recombinant subunit candidate vaccine consisting of Ehrlichia ruminantium major antigenic protein1 induces specific humoral and Th1 type cell responses in sheep. PLoS One 12:e0185495 (2017). ELISA . PubMed: 28957443
- Gocha T et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Sso7d scaffold-based binder against Notch1. Sci Rep 7:12021 (2017). PubMed: 28931897
- Hjerpe R et al. UBQLN2 Mediates Autophagy-Independent Protein Aggregate Clearance by the Proteasome. Cell 166:935-949 (2016). PubMed: 27477512
- Zhang F et al. Macrophage transcriptional responses following in vitro infection with a highly virulent African swine fever virus isolate. J Virol 80:10514-21 (2006). WB . PubMed: 17041222