Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 98% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameRecombinant rat Interferon gamma protein
See all Interferon gamma proteins and peptides
The ED50 as determined by its ability to inhibit the proliferation of mouse WEHI-279 cells.
Purity> 98 % SDS-PAGE.
By SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMQGTLIESLESLKNYFNSSSMDAMEGKSLLLDIWRNWQKDGNTKILESQI ISFYLRLFEVLKDNQAISNNISVIESHLITNFFSNSKAKKDAFMSIAKFE VNNPQIQHKAVNELIRVIHQLSPESSLRKRKRSRC
Predicted molecular weight16 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab645 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon reconsitution add a carrier protein (0.1% BSA). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein on reconstitution (0.1% HSA or BSA). Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionInitially reconstitute in water to 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.
- IF 1
FunctionProduced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
Tissue specificityReleased primarily from activated T lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIn Caucasians, genetic variation in IFNG is associated with the risk of aplastic anemia (AA) [MIM:609135]. AA is a rare disease in which the reduction of the circulating blood cells results from damage to the stem cell pool in bone marrow. In most patients, the stem cell lesion is caused by an autoimmune attack. T-lymphocytes, activated by an endogenous or exogenous, and most often unknown antigenic stimulus, secrete cytokines, including IFN-gamma, which would in turn be able to suppress hematopoiesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II (or gamma) interferon family.
modificationsProteolytic processing produces C-terminal heterogeneity, with proteins ending alternatively at Gly-150, Met-157 or Gly-161.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab645 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Feng X et al. Mycobacterium smegmatis Induces Neurite Outgrowth and Differentiation in an Autophagy-Independent Manner in PC12 and C17.2 Cells. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 8:201 (2018). PubMed: 29988402
- Johnstone SA et al. Comparison of human olfactory and skeletal MSCs using osteogenic nanotopography to demonstrate bone-specific bioactivity of the surfaces. Acta Biomater 13:266-76 (2015). PubMed: 25463488
- Hall ME et al. Rescue of cardiac leptin receptors in db/db mice prevents myocardial triglyceride accumulation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 307:E316-25 (2014). PubMed: 24939734