Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 90% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE, Electron Microscopy
Product nameRecombinant thermus aquaticus RecA protein
See all RecA proteins and peptides
Biological activityThe activity of single-stranded DNA-dependent ATPase was confirmed.
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight37 kDa
Amino acids1 to 340
Additional sequence informationThis Protein is from Thermus aquaticus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123228 in the following tested applications.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
Constituents: 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.03% EDTA, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 1.17% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- DNA strand exchange and recombination protein with protease and nuclease activity
- Protein recA
RelevanceRecA in E.coli can catalyze the hydrolysis of ATP in the presence of single-stranded DNA, the ATP-dependent uptake of single-stranded DNA by duplex DNA, and the ATP-dependent hybridization of homologous single-stranded DNAs. It interacts with lexA causing its activation and leading to its autocatalytic cleavage.
ab123228 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Shigemori Y et al. Multiplex PCR: use of heat-stable Thermus thermophilus RecA protein to minimize non-specific PCR products. Nucleic Acids Res 33:e126 (2005). PubMed: 16087733
- Angov E & Camerini-Otero RD The recA gene from the thermophile Thermus aquaticus YT-1: cloning, expression, and characterization. J Bacteriol 176:1405-12 (1994). PubMed: 8113181