Product nameAnti-Recoverin antibody [6A55CD6]
See all Recoverin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6A55CD6] to Recoverin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Cow, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Recoverin.
- ab31928 gave a positive result in Mouse Retina Whole Cell Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31928 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19361860|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. See Abreview.|
FunctionSeems to be implicated in the pathway from retinal rod guanylate cyclase to rhodopsin. May be involved in the inhibition of the phosphorylation of rhodopsin in a calcium-dependent manner. The calcium-bound recoverin prolongs the photoresponse.
Tissue specificityRetina and pineal gland.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the recoverin family.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
- Information by UniProt
- 23 kDa photoreceptor cell-specific protein antibody
- Cancer associated retinopathy protein antibody
- Cancer-associated retinopathy protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-Recoverin antibody [6A55CD6] (ab31928) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Retina Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Human Retina Normal Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG H&L Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Exposure time: 8 minutes
ab31928 staining Recoverin in rat brain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue underwent fixation in paraformaldehyde without permeation and blocking steps. The primary antibody was diluted, 1/300 (PBS + 0.3% Triton X100) and incubated with sample for 18 hours at 20°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal to mouse IgG, diluted 1/1000 was used as secondary.
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu Y et al. Regulated differentiation of WERI-Rb-1 cells into retinal neuron-like cells. Int J Mol Med 40:1172-1184 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28848998) »
- Redenti S et al. Engineering retinal progenitor cell and scrollable poly(glycerol-sebacate) composites for expansion and subretinal transplantation. Biomaterials 30:3405-14 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19361860) »