Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [34-3C] to Red Blood Cells
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Red Blood Cells antibody [34-3C]
See all Red Blood Cells primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [34-3C] to Red Blood Cells
SpecificityRecognizes an exposed surface determinant of intact Red Blood Cells. ab106101 only recognises antigenic determinants expressed on Mouse RBC and not on other species of RBC.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Functional Studies, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
Mouse Red Blood Cells
- Mouse erythrocytes
This antibody efficiently binds to Fc receptors on macrophages inducing anemia in vivo due to a rapid Fc receptor (FcyR)-mediated erythrophagocytosis of opsonised RBC in spleen and livers. The capacity of the antibody to interact with FcyR is responsible for its haemolytic activity.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered solution
Primary antibody notesThis antibody efficiently binds to Fc receptors on macrophages inducing anemia in vivo due to a rapid Fc receptor (FcyR)-mediated erythrophagocytosis of opsonised RBC in spleen and livers. The capacity of the antibody to interact with FcyR is responsible for its haemolytic activity.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106101 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceRed blood cells are the most common type of blood cell and are the vertebrate body's principal means of delivering oxygen from the lungs or gills to body tissues via the blood.
- Erythrocytes antibody
- RBCs antibody
ab106101 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Akter J et al. Plasmodium-specific antibodies block in vivo parasite growth without clearing infected red blood cells. PLoS Pathog 15:e1007599 (2019). PubMed: 30811498
- Baudino L et al. Differential contribution of three activating IgG Fc receptors (FcgammaRI, FcgammaRIII, and FcgammaRIV) to IgG2a- and IgG2b-induced autoimmune hemolytic anemia in mice. J Immunol 180:1948-53 (2008). PubMed: 18209093
- Azeredo da Silveira S et al. Complement activation selectively potentiates the pathogenicity of the IgG2b and IgG3 isotypes of a high affinity anti-erythrocyte autoantibody. J Exp Med 195:665-72 (2002). PubMed: 11901193
- Fossati-Jimack L et al. High pathogenic potential of low-affinity autoantibodies in experimental autoimmune hemolytic anemia. J Exp Med 190:1689-96 (1999). PubMed: 10587359