Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Red Blood Cells
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Red Blood Cells antibody
See all Red Blood Cells primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Red Blood Cells
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue/ cell preparation: Human washed pooled Red Blood Cells.
ab34858 is whole antiserum. For your information, we provide you the total protein
concentration which is 90 mg/ml. Since the antibody is unpurified, we can only estimate its
concentration at 1–10 mg/ml.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 0.42% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAb34858 was prepared from polyspecific antiserum by a delipidation and defibrination.
RelevanceRed blood cells are the most common type of blood cell and are the vertebrate body's principal means of delivering oxygen from the lungs or gills to body tissues via the blood.
- Erythrocytes antibody
- RBCs antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab34858 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Quintana MDP et al. Antibodies in children with malaria to PfEMP1, RIFIN and SURFIN expressed at the Plasmodium falciparum parasitized red blood cell surface. Sci Rep 8:3262 (2018). PubMed: 29459776
- Sun J et al. Engineered proteins with sensing and activating modules for automated reprogramming of cellular functions. Nat Commun 8:477 (2017). PubMed: 28883531
- Quintana Mdel P et al. Phagocytosis-inducing antibodies to Plasmodium falciparum upon immunization with a recombinant PfEMP1 NTS-DBL1a domain. Malar J 15:416 (2016). PubMed: 27531359
- Ghumra A et al. Induction of Strain-Transcending Antibodies Against Group A PfEMP1 Surface Antigens from Virulent Malaria Parasites. PLoS Pathog 8:e1002665 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22532802
- Voisin SN et al. Identification of Novel Molecular Targets for Endometrial Cancer Using a Drill-Down LC-MS/MS Approach with iTRAQ. PLoS One 6:e16352 (2011). Agglutination ; Human . PubMed: 21305022
- Ghumra A et al. Immunisation with Recombinant PfEMP1 Domains Elicits Functional Rosette-Inhibiting and Phagocytosis-Inducing Antibodies to Plasmodium falciparum. PLoS One 6:e16414 (2011). Human . PubMed: 21305024