Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ref2P
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ref2P antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ref2P
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Drosophila melanogaster Ref2P aa 200-300 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Database link: P14199
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Atg8a mutant Fruit Flies (D.melanogaster).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab178440 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa.|
FunctionImplicated in sigma rhabdovirus multiplication and necessary for male fertility.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 OPR domain.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
Contains 1 ZZ-type zinc finger.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein ref(2)P antibody
- ref(2)P antibody
- REF2P_DROME antibody
- Refractory to sigma P antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ref2P antibody (ab178440) at 1/100 dilution (Milk blocked)
Lanes 1-3 : Atg8a mutant fruit flies (D.melanogaster)
Lanes 4-6 : Fruit flies (D.melanogaster) expressing ubiquitously Ref(2)p RNAi
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Observed band size: 92 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The bands observed at the bottom of the gel represent Tubulin and were used as a loading control within this experiment.
ab178440 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Brooks D et al. Drosophila NUAK functions with Starvin/BAG3 in autophagic protein turnover. PLoS Genet 16:e1008700 (2020). PubMed: 32320396
- Wen X et al. Tau Accumulation via Reduced Autophagy Mediates GGGGCC Repeat Expansion-Induced Neurodegeneration in Drosophila Model of ALS. Neurosci Bull N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32500377
- Kanca O et al. An efficient CRISPR-based strategy to insert small and large fragments of DNA using short homology arms. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31674908
- Yan C et al. IRE1 promotes neurodegeneration through autophagy-dependent neuron death in the Drosophila model of Parkinson's disease. Cell Death Dis 10:800 (2019). PubMed: 31641108
- Jacomin AC et al. Impact of Autophagy and Aging on Iron Load and Ferritin in Drosophila Brain. Front Cell Dev Biol 7:142 (2019). PubMed: 31404236