Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Renin Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Renin Receptor antibody
See all Renin Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Renin Receptor
Detects endogenous levels of total Renin Receptor protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Renin Receptor (internal sequence).
- Human brain tissue COLO205 and HeLa cell extracts HeLa cells
Protein target previously labeled as POU3F2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64957 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionFunctions as a renin and prorenin cellular receptor. May mediate renin-dependent cellular responses by activating ERK1 and ERK2. By increasing the catalytic efficiency of renin in AGT/angiotensinogen conversion to angiotensin I, it may also play a role in the renin-angiotensin system (RAS).
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, heart, placenta, liver, kidney and pancreas. Barely detectable in lung and skeletal muscles. In the kidney cortex it is restricted to the mesangium of glomeruli. In the coronary and kidney artery it is expressed in the subendothelium, associated to smooth muscles where it colocalizes with REN. Expressed in vascular structures and by syncytiotrophoblast cells in the mature fetal placenta.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ATP6AP2 are a cause of mental retardation X-linked with epilepsy (MRXE) [MIM:300423]. MRXE is a syndromic mental retardation. Patients manifest mild to moderate mental retardation associated with epilepsy, delays in motor milestones and speech acquisition in infancy.
- Information by UniProt
- APT6M8 9 antibody
- APT6M8-9 antibody
- ATP6AP2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Renin Receptor antibody (ab64957) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COLO205 cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 3 : HeLa cell extract with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain tissue using ab64957 at 1/50 dilution. Right hand panel was also treated with immunising peptide.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, using ab64957 at 1/500 dilution. Right hand panel was also treated with immunising peptide.
ab64957 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Alzayadneh EM & Chappell MC Nuclear expression of renin-angiotensin system components in NRK-52E renal epithelial cells. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst N/A:N/A (2014). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24961503
- White AJ et al. Expression of classical components of the renin-angiotensin system in the human eye. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst N/A:N/A (2014). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 25287897
- Shi P et al. Direct pro-inflammatory effects of prorenin on microglia. PLoS One 9:e92937 (2014). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25302502
- Pringle KG et al. The expression and localization of the human placental prorenin/renin-angiotensin system throughout pregnancy: roles in trophoblast invasion and angiogenesis? Placenta 32:956-62 (2011). PubMed: 22018415
- Marques FZ et al. Molecular characterization of renin-angiotensin system components in human intrauterine tissues and fetal membranes from vaginal delivery and cesarean section. Placenta 32:214-21 (2011). PubMed: 21215447