Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to RENT1/hUPF1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-RENT1/hUPF1 antibody
See all RENT1/hUPF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to RENT1/hUPF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Drosophila melanogaster, Zebrafish, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis, Platypus
Immunogen was a synthetic peptide, to a region between residue 250 and 300 of human Regulator of Nonsense Transcripts 1 (up-frameshift mutation 1 homolog) using the numbering given in entry NP_002902.2 (GeneID 5976).).
- Whole cell lysate from lymphoblastoid cell lines (EBV-immotalized B-cell from a normal individual).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10510 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 134 kDa).|
FunctionPlays a role in replication-dependent histone mRNA degradation at the end of phase S. Part of a post-splicing multiprotein complex. Involved in nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) as part of the SMG1C complex, a mRNA surveillance complex that recognizes and degrades mRNAs containing premature translation termination codons (PTCs). The complex probably acts by associating with ribosomes during tranlation termination on mRNPs. If an exon junction complex (EJC) is located 50-55 or more nucleotides downstream from the termination codon, RENT1 is phosphorylated by SMG1, triggering nonsense-mediated decay (NMD). Essential for embryonic viability.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DNA2/NAM7 helicase family.
Contains 1 C2H2-type zinc finger.
DomainThe [ST]-Q motif constitutes a recognition sequence for kinases from the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by SMG1; required for formation of mRNA surveillance complexes. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > P-body. Hyperphosphorylated form is targeted to the P-body, while unphosphorylated protein is distributed throughout the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- ATP dependent helicase RENT1 antibody
- ATP-dependent helicase RENT1 antibody
- Delta helicase antibody
ab10510 detection of human RENT1 by Western blot. Samples: Whole cell lysate (30
µg) from lymphoblastoid cell lines (EBV-immotalized B-cell from a normal individual). Antibody: ab10510 used at 1 µg/ml. Detection: Chemiluminescence.
ab10510 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Truong DM et al. Retrohoming of a Mobile Group II Intron in Human Cells Suggests How Eukaryotes Limit Group II Intron Proliferation. PLoS Genet 11:e1005422 (2015). PubMed: 26241656
- Henderson-Smith A et al. SMG1 identified as a regulator of Parkinson's disease-associated alpha-synuclein through siRNA screening. PLoS One 8:e77711 (2013). WB . PubMed: 24204929
- Shi J et al. Caffeine regulates alternative splicing in a subset of cancer-associated genes: a role for SC35. Mol Cell Biol 28:883-95 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18025108