Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP7990(2)] to Repulsive Guidance Molecule A
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Repulsive Guidance Molecule A antibody [EP7990(2)]
See all Repulsive Guidance Molecule A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP7990(2)] to Repulsive Guidance Molecule A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human Repulsive Guidance Molecule A aa 400 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q96B86
- Fetal brain, A673 and HeLa lysates, HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169761 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionMember of the repulsive guidance molecule (RGM) family that performs several functions in the developing and adult nervous system. Regulates cephalic neural tube closure, inhibits neurite outgrowth and cortical neuron branching, and the formation of mature synapses. Binding to its receptor NEO1/neogenin induces activation of RHOA-ROCK1/Rho-kinase signaling pathway through UNC5B-ARHGEF12/LARG-PTK2/FAK1 cascade, leading to collapse of the neuronal growth cone and neurite outgrowth inhibition. Furthermore, RGMA binding to NEO1/neogenin leads to HRAS inactivation by influencing HRAS1-PTK2/FAK1-AKT1 pathway. It also functions as a bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) coreceptor that may signal through SMAD1, SMAD5, and SMAD8.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the repulsive guidance molecule (RGM) family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Repulsive guidance molecule A antibody
- RGM antibody
- RGM domain family member A antibody
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labeling Repulsive Guidance Molecule A with ab169761 at 1/50 (red) and DAPI nuclear
All lanes : Anti-Repulsive Guidance Molecule A antibody [EP7990(2)] (ab169761) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : A673 lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Additional bands at: 37 kDa (possible mature (processed) protein)
ab169761 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Bao C et al. Exploring specific prognostic biomarkers in triple-negative breast cancer. Cell Death Dis 10:807 (2019). PubMed: 31649243
- Zhang R et al. RGMa mediates reactive astrogliosis and glial scar formation through TGFß1/Smad2/3 signaling after stroke. Cell Death Differ 25:1503-1516 (2018). PubMed: 29396549