Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Respiratory syncytial virus
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus antibody
See all Respiratory Syncytial Virus primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Respiratory syncytial virus
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Viral lysate of Human RSV isolate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesSodium sulphate precipitation and DEAE chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20745 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20647383|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceRespiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a major cause of respiratory illness in young children. RSV infection produces a variety of signs and symptoms involving different areas of the respiratory tract, from the nose to the lungs. RSV is a negative sense, enveloped RNA virus. The virion is variable in shape and size with average diameter of between 120 and 300 nm. The 63 kD RSV fusion protein of the RSS 2 strain (subtype A) directs fusion of viral and cellular membranes, results in viral penetration, and can direct fusion of infected cells with adjoining cells, resulting in the formation of syncytia or multi nucleated giant cells.
Cellular localizationVirion. Host cytoplasm
- Entrez Gene: 2829063 Respiratory syncytial virus
- RS virus antibody
- RSV antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of A549 cells infected with RSV, staining Respiratory Syncytial Virus with ab20745.
Cells were fixed with formalin before staining with primary antibody, followed by ab6881 - Donkey polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Goat IgG - H&L (FITC).
ab20745 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Ko SH et al. Interference of DNAJB6/MRJ Isoform Switch by Morpholino Inhibits Replication of HIV-1 and RSV. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 14:251-261 (2019). PubMed: 30641477
- Hu M et al. Respiratory syncytial virus co-opts host mitochondrial function to favour infectious virus production. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31246170
- Ezzat K et al. The viral protein corona directs viral pathogenesis and amyloid aggregation. Nat Commun 10:2331 (2019). PubMed: 31133680
- Preugschas HF et al. Late activation of the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway is required for translocation of the respiratory syncytial virus F protein to the plasma membrane and efficient viral replication. Cell Microbiol 21:e12955 (2019). PubMed: 30223301
- Machado D et al. RSV Infection in Human Macrophages Promotes CXCL10/IP-10 Expression during Bacterial Co-Infection. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29215596