Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Retinoic Acid Receptor beta
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Retinoic Acid Receptor beta antibody
See all Retinoic Acid Receptor beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Retinoic Acid Receptor beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 351-390 of Human Retinoic Acid Receptor beta
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Retinoic & Retinoid
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53161 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for retinoic acid. Retinoic acid receptors bind as heterodimers to their target response elements in response to their ligands, all-trans or 9-cis retinoic acid, and regulate gene expression in various biological processes. The RXR/RAR heterodimers bind to the retinoic acid response elements (RARE) composed of tandem 5'-AGGTCA-3' sites known as DR1-DR5. In the absence or presence of hormone ligand, acts mainly as an activator of gene expression due to weak binding to corepressors. In concert with RARG, required for skeletal growth, matrix homeostasis and growth plate function.
Involvement in diseaseMicrophthalmia, syndromic, 12
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- HAP antibody
- HBV-activated protein antibody
- NR1B2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Retinoic Acid Receptor beta antibody (ab53161) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell extract, untreated.
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell extract treated with the immunising peptide.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa
This image shows human breast carcinoma tissue stained with ab53161 at 1/50 dilution. The left hand image shows untreated tissue; the right hand image shows tissue treated with the immunising peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab53161 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53161, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab53161 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Hinteregger B et al. Transgene integration causes RARB downregulation in homozygous Tg4-42 mice. Sci Rep 10:6377 (2020). PubMed: 32286473
- Ashton A et al. Rhythmic Diurnal Synthesis and Signaling of Retinoic Acid in the Rat Pineal Gland and Its Action to Rapidly Downregulate ERK Phosphorylation. Mol Neurobiol 55:8219-8235 (2018). PubMed: 29520716
- Garner EF et al. UAB30, a novel RXR agonist, decreases tumorigenesis and leptomeningeal disease in group 3 medulloblastoma patient-derived xenografts. J Neurooncol 140:209-224 (2018). PubMed: 30132166
- Chen F et al. Retinoic acid signaling is essential for airway smooth muscle homeostasis. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30135301
- Mu Q et al. RIP140/PGC-1a axis involved in vitamin A-induced neural differentiation by increasing mitochondrial function. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 46:806-816 (2018). PubMed: 29513101