Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Retinoic Acid Receptor beta
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Retinoic Acid Receptor beta antibody
See all Retinoic Acid Receptor beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Retinoic Acid Receptor beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 351-390 of Human Retinoic Acid Receptor beta
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Retinoic & Retinoid
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53161 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for retinoic acid. Retinoic acid receptors bind as heterodimers to their target response elements in response to their ligands, all-trans or 9-cis retinoic acid, and regulate gene expression in various biological processes. The RXR/RAR heterodimers bind to the retinoic acid response elements (RARE) composed of tandem 5'-AGGTCA-3' sites known as DR1-DR5. In the absence or presence of hormone ligand, acts mainly as an activator of gene expression due to weak binding to corepressors. In concert with RARG, required for skeletal growth, matrix homeostasis and growth plate function.
Involvement in diseaseMicrophthalmia, syndromic, 12
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR1 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- HAP antibody
- HBV-activated protein antibody
- NR1B2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Retinoic Acid Receptor beta antibody (ab53161) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell extract, untreated.
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell extract treated with the immunising peptide.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa
This image shows human breast carcinoma tissue stained with ab53161 at 1/50 dilution. The left hand image shows untreated tissue; the right hand image shows tissue treated with the immunising peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab53161 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53161, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab53161 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Hinteregger B et al. Transgene integration causes RARB downregulation in homozygous Tg4-42 mice. Sci Rep 10:6377 (2020). PubMed: 32286473
- Khatib T et al. Decay in Retinoic Acid Signaling in Varied Models of Alzheimer's Disease and In-Vitro Test of Novel Retinoic Acid Receptor Ligands (RAR-Ms) to Regulate Protective Genes. J Alzheimers Dis 73:935-954 (2020). PubMed: 31884477
- Kalaskar VK et al. High-throughput custom capture sequencing identifies novel mutations in coloboma-associated genes: Mutation in DNA-binding domain of retinoic acid receptor beta affects nuclear localization causing ocular coloboma. Hum Mutat 41:678-695 (2020). PubMed: 31816153
- Ashton A et al. Rhythmic Diurnal Synthesis and Signaling of Retinoic Acid in the Rat Pineal Gland and Its Action to Rapidly Downregulate ERK Phosphorylation. Mol Neurobiol 55:8219-8235 (2018). PubMed: 29520716
- Garner EF et al. UAB30, a novel RXR agonist, decreases tumorigenesis and leptomeningeal disease in group 3 medulloblastoma patient-derived xenografts. J Neurooncol 140:209-224 (2018). PubMed: 30132166